Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 September 2017
Fantastic series and this doesn't disappoint
on 25 May 2017
Excellent. Thank you.
on 15 September 2017
good entertainment
on 2 June 2017
GREAT
on 28 March 2017
Have only just got round to watching this I think its great and i love Bradley Walsh and his character!
on 26 May 2013
Bought for my wife, she just loves this series, and who am I to question what she likes. She is happy so I am happy. A happy wife means a happy husband, and a happy home.
The fifth series of Law and Order UK features the first major personnel changes since the show started in 2009. James Steel and George Castle on the Prosecutor's side of the story are replaced by Jacob Thorne, played by Dominic Rowan and Henry Sharpe, played by Peter Davison. I thought the new boys settled in well, but I still cannot get past thinking Doctor Who whenever Peter Davison appears!

We have six shows this time round to go with the 26 previous episodes. Apparently the way it works is that 13 shows are commissioned at a time and these are shown as one series in the USA. However, in the UK, they are split into two series, one of 6 episodes and one of 7 so Series 6 is next which is seven episodes. These continue to be sourced from the long running US series, which are screened for stories which will translate well to a UK setting. The US source shows for Series 5 were originally screened between 1990 and 1996, and frankly I did not remember the plots though I imagine I must have seen them all over the years. Having said that I really do not see why we should not have some written for the UK scripts at some stage.

The format of the programmes is as previously. There is criminality which is investigated by the police, apprehension of the alleged perpetrator and then the legal procedure and outcome. Sometimes it does seem that 60 minutes is really not enough for all this and extended shows, perhaps to two hours would work better. Unusually, though, this time round the final show contains a shocking event, and the first show of the sixth series carries on from there, so this is the first two parter. In the main, this is absorbing stuff and very good entertainment. Apparently no shows have been commissioned yet beyond the sixth series but hopefully there will be more Law and Order UK.
on 28 January 2012
*This review may contain spoilers*

Law and Order : UK has done it again, 6 more amazing episodes that will captivate and intrigue you. Bradley Walsh is an amazing acting talent and has all of his brillaince shown in this programme - as he performs to his best!

This series will keep you guessing all the time as you try and figure out how both crimes have beem commited, how the police are going to solve then and how the barristers are going to put the criminals down. What makes this series work so well is the teamwork between the police and the barristers - it works so well!

The acting talents between everyone are brillaint and make the storylines captivating - its a real pleasure to watch! And I wont say too much incase you have not watched it but the twist at the end of the series is brillaint - and a big surprise!

Overall, I belief that this is one of the best series that there are and a must buy when it comes out on DVD :)
on 31 July 2013
Although I have not watched all the episodes (bought the DVD as I wanted to again watch the episode where DS Matt Devlin was shot and to follow this story up in Series 6 before series 7 started) I have thoroughly enjoyed the episodes I have watched. I think Bradley Walsh is superb in this role
on 25 February 2013
just for other fans-the new season will be on uk tv-winter 2013-acc to itv
without i member---miss freeman---which is a shame-now 4 would have left-2 we will have answer for-the last 2-im still confused-did i miss a ep?