on 3 June 2016
Convenient, Transportable, and Efficient! This product is just about perfect for my needs and I can highly recommend it to anyone else who is a gigging musician. If you play more than one instrument on stage like I do, it can be difficult to find a set up that is easy to use, well made, and painless to transport. I play a tenor ukulele with a thin neck similar to that of a fiddle and have tried several hanging or standing products to keep it steady yet accessible while not in use. Stands, which can be far more cumbersome to transport, also have the potential of being kicked over on stage, so I have always preferred the safety of having the instrument fastened in front of me. I have tried other versions of this same idea and this still seems to be the best. The clamp is strong and can adjust to a much wider pole such as an amp or speaker stand if necessary. It can also hold far more weight than just a fiddle or uke so can be versatile for other stage needs (provided your mic is well grounded). My only reason for not giving it the full 5 stars is the product weight. Being mostly metal, I do find the clamp has more the feel of a household tool and this is something to consider if you already carry a good deal of gear. This is the one compromise for the quality of the product.

Word to the wise - if you play in dark clubs and/or on busy stages with lots of bands - make sure you check for this before you leave (!) I have nearly left this clamp on microphones all over the world as unlike stands, cables, and boxes, I promise it will not catch your eye as well during clean up. Consider adding some glow in dark tape or band labels to the middle bar and that should cover you.
on 8 August 2016
I bought this as I use mandolin and guitar in a band and got sick of carrying two full stands.

I also use this with my other band where it becomes a holder for my capo and slide.

A handy added feature is that you can rotate the grip so that it holds onto the end of a table. Great product. I'm now thinking of getting the A4 music stand that Kinsman do and my mate is thinking of getting the gig tray one.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 March 2016
I bought this to keep my fiddle out and ready to pick up at any moment. it attached very securely to my music stand (which has a chunky stand to fix the connector onto). Given the shape of the fiddle pegs, the fiddle didn't sit as flat as hoped so I tied some stout string around the peg box and now hang it from one of the arms of the hanger - job done.
on 22 January 2018
Works a treat on a heavy-duty stand. For smaller (cheaper?) stands, I use a little non-slip matting from Wilcos. Now works just as well on those stands as well. Brilliant idea as it keeps your precious instrument off the floor in a separate holder. We bought two, one for my wife as well. Very useful - recommended
on 17 April 2017
Fits my substantial music stand with no problem and looks great. I now have my ukulele proudly suspended, ready for use. All I have to do now is learn how to play it ;-)
One person found this helpful
on 17 February 2017
This clamp is ideal to put a spare Uke on whilst playing and changing over from one uke to other . Good idea just which it did not interfere with the Top of the Uke Music Stand . So i have turned this round to go at the side instead of the front of the Stand. As it hides the music at the bottom of the page on the stand if it is at the front?
on 10 June 2018
Fits my stand perfectly. Will work with differing thickness stands as you adjust clamp to tighten around any size. Appears to be good quality. will last for years
on 12 July 2013
After a year or so of falling over instrument stands when playing with our local ukulele band, I thought I would give one of these a try. Although a bit fiddly to set up at first (the instruction sheet could do with being a smidge clearer), once on the mic-stand it's a fabulous way to keep alternative instruments to hand and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who plays (or plays alongside someone who plays) more than one instrument during a set. It's a robust bit of kit (don't try using it on a normal, spindly music-stand, too heavy!) that should stand a lot of wear, I hope. I am encouraging our other multi-instrumentalists to invest in these and then we can ban other instrument stands from the stage!

This is the only clamp-hanger I have tried. There may be others out there which are better/cheaper but I found this one to be of very good quality for a reasonable price and have already recommended by word of mouth.
on 13 June 2012
I bought this so I could attach it to my music stand for somewhere to put uke between songs. It is really well made but the problem is that it really needs something like a mic stand to work properly. There is a workaround though! Get yourself a large bulldog clip and put it on the music stand (it doesn't have to fit tightly) then clip it to that - works a treat.
review image
10 people found this helpful
on 1 June 2018
This hanger is a practical and secure way to hang my ukulele on my music stand when I'm not playing it. It would work equally well affixed to a mic stand. The clamp is adjustable, strong and reliable and the whole hanger is well finished in black with soft protectors on the arms where the ukulele rests.