on 15 June 2013
I am re-doing my review on this product if I could give zero stars I would. When I first brought these bulbs I was very pleased with them, but after a while of having them, several of them exploded when I turned on the light, very dangerous as glass went everywhere.
Please, if you have children or elderly people in your home, do not buy these, THEY ARE DANGEROUS.
44 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2012
I've been using these bulbs for about 6 months. All of the bulbs are showing signs of burning, in one the bulb has detached from the metal base and one has exploded!

I would not recommend using this product, which in my view does not comply with UK safety standards.
on 30 October 2015
Great price, delivered before estimated date What more casn you say except Thank you
on 11 February 2012
Just what we needed for our various decorative light fittings. They look so much better than the ridiculous "energy efficient" versions which do not give out as much light and cast an ugly shadow (due to their inordinately large base).
on 20 January 2012
Have opened and have in use two of these and they seem fine to me.
Good price and item difficult to find in shops.
VERY quick dispatch
on 17 April 2012
Exactly as described and great value. Very fast delivery and would certainly use again.Also no marks on the bulbs as described by another buyer.
on 26 December 2011
40 watt bayonet opal candle bulbs have now been "outlawed" by Brussels. This source is one of the last of its kind and very much appreciated.
on 17 February 2014
These were actually Polaroid bulbs rather than Eveready as advertised, but it's an equally reputable make so who cares? The main thing is, I have installed half of them round the house already - in proud defiance of EU directives - and have consigned all the energy savers to the bin. They have all been perfect so far, so I would happily buy from this source again. Terrific value and arrived just on time (free postage).
on 25 November 2013
GREAT DELIVERY , BUT BOY OH BOY ARE THEY BAD ( SO FAR) I've gone through 5 in no time at all ( 2000hrs they aint ) One of them even left me with the glass in my hand when changing the bulb, The Ad says that they are ''EVEREADY'', but those delivered are marked ''POLAROID''. Maybe they were designed for cameras.

Not at all happy,

May.
on 28 September 2011
Do not buy this item if you want perfect looking candle bulbs like in the picture. I ordered 40 and they arrived with a corrosive rusty coating around the very top of the bulb on the chrome and immediately I thought they were defective. After an email of complaint I got a very speedy response and was told that they are not perfect bulbs as bought from the shops they are meant for workmen and are designed to take knocks and are rough around the edges. On a brighter note(ha ha)they work perfectly well.