on 22 April 2012
This machine is really useful if you are into scanning and storing years of paperwork as it is my case. With the ADF feature, it takes up to 15 pages per turn.It is not easy to find a home sized machine for this purpose.It is wireless and can be easily connected to your network,sending all files to the computer of your choice at home.It is simple to install and configure.
Other features as printing,copying,excellent as well.
on 17 August 2012
This MFC-J430W is a brilliant piece of kit. I haven't got the hang of duplex printing yet (newbie!!!) but I like the way I can load the sheet reader and send the scans wirelessly to the computer of choice. It's great for printing 2 page music scores. Also it works with 64 bit Windows 7 (which my Epson won't!)
on 21 August 2012
True to it's word - it is indeed an all in one wireless printer! Well worth the money. The print is excellent and the ink, believe it or not, last a lot longer then my previous printer, too! Go figure. I'm not spending a lot of money on purchasing ink. It's very easy to use and love the LCD. The only thing I would like is to see a spot for a USB where I can print directly from there. Other then that, great printer!
VINE VOICEon 25 October 2012
Although the print quality is pretty average for a modern ink-jet this is balanced by its other features.

Wireless setup, on a properly secured WPA2/AES network was trivially easy, although it only works on a 24GHz band, not the 5GHz. for wireless N

It scans, prints and faxes easily over the wireless network. from Windows 7 PCs and Android phones within the household.

The build quality is not quite as good as I would have liked - some of it seems to be fairly fragile plastic.
on 23 May 2013
After my HP went south I looked around for a replacement and after reading reviews settled on the Brother. It comes with very easy to comprehend set up instructions, even for a Luddite like me, and was installed and working, probably within half an hour of unpacking.It does come with a fax facility although I did not need this it would be handy for a small office.

It comes with four ink cassettes/cartridges which fit easily, however, it does not come with a USB cable, therefore, this will need to be purchased separately. The power cable fits into the side of the machine and depending on where you site the printer this could be an issue.

Print quality is perfect and compared to the HP the inks are relatively inexpensive. It has a nice enclosed paper draw into which you can fit quite a lot of paper and also has settings for different sizes of paper.

All in all a good purchase and recommended.
on 20 November 2012
After years of buying Epson printers I decided to switch brands because of Epson's ever increasing efforts to squeeze as many ink purchases as possible from the Consumer. I selected Brother because they have a good reputation however while the MFC-J430W printer produces good quality print and is well made it is very unreliable and unpredictable when it comes to wireless connectivity.
The MFC-J430W printer disappears of the network every few days, one then needs to go through an exhaustive procedure of repairing the connection on each PC that is connected to the printer, sometimes that fails to recover the connection and a power down of the printer is required.
When a power down fails to recover the situation you must run a diagnostic tool and try and repair the connection. I downloaded the latest firmware for the printer and installed the latest drivers on all of the PCs that connect to this printer, but to no avail. I also tried various configurations of static, DHCP etc again these make little difference. Brother Technical support has stopped responding to my requests for help so I assume this problem does not have a solution at this point.
As one of my main selection points was a printer that did not need a dedicated print server I am disappointed with the product. Its unfortunate as it is a nice looking machine with a reasonably small footprint on the desk.
on 28 June 2012
Excellent product and easy to setup.The wi-fi was a bit chalenging,but it works great.Would recommend.Printing quality is good and fast over wireless.
on 19 August 2013
Bought this for my son...I have a brother printer already and opted for this one because generic cartridges are a lot cheaper than most manufacturers. The cartridges last for a long time and my son is always printing something off. 10 cartridges cost less than £15!!! amazing value without compromising quality
on 6 December 2012
I paid less than £100-for this wonderful machine which has made life so much easier for my everyday use.This printer is very easy to set up and just as easy to operate too. i do not know how i managed without one
on 12 August 2013
Excellent printer and once set up works well and I am very happy. However I would advise by all means you can read the quick setup guide and if you glean any useful information from it good for you, me , I filed back in the drawer under 'not much help!'.

I just connected printer to router input the ssid and key then basically logged onto my laptop to add device in printer section, worked perfectly first time. My iPad also prints to this printer without having to do anything fancy, once on the network it saw it was there no problem.

If you are reading this Brother, I suggest you look again at your manuals and take a leaf out of HP and Epson, log each stage in logical order, keep it simple and do not jump all over the place, it simply looks like the writer did not know what they were doing!

The printer itself is great and I would highly recommend it.