Customer reviews

John Rutter - The Colours of Christmas
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 December 2011
I have several Rutter albums but this is (to my mind) the best. I do sometimes find the Cambridge Singers a little lacking in oomph but this recording with the Bach Choir has an energy that I love. I am particularly enjoying Ding Dong Merrily with the change of rhythm and Silent Night with the appropriately Tyrolean 'distant horn' effect. OK, so I don't much enjoy 'Chestnuts' or 'Have yourself', but that is simply because I don't like that type of music, not that they aren't excellent recordings. It's good to have another new carol from Rutter - I had already heard 'The Colours of Christmas' last year live at the Royal Albert Hall so I was looking forward to hearing it again and it didn't disappoint. A lovely CD, and one I will be playing a great deal over the festive period.
on 1 March 2018
Good Christmas album. They have been playing this a lot over last Christmas. I like the track Ding Dong Merrily the Skies... good. Sort of jazzy but modern but also keeping its medieval feel.
on 10 January 2018
This is a superb seasonal CD containing a lovely selection of Christmas classics. The music and singing is fresh and lively - a real treat!
on 12 January 2018
Delightful selection of seasonal music, well performed and recorded.
on 14 May 2018
good value
on 28 January 2018
Bought as a Christmas present. Recipient very happy, I was very happy with the price and delivery as well!
on 9 January 2012
This cd, for me, reflects the true essence of Christmas. I love the magic of Christmas and without Christmas carols playing around the house it does not feel the same. John Rutter's Colours of Christmas is a beautiful carol and could easily become a favourite.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2017
i like this cd very muchas christmas background music on christmas day or to relax with at christmas.
on 29 October 2016
A great alternative to the Christmas songs that areon constant repeat inthe shops and on tv!
on 26 December 2011
What can I say? John Rutter never disappoints (when WILL he appear in the New Years Honours List for services to music?) and although some of the arrangements are well known to Rutter fans there is enough here that is new and delightful. A firm favourite already.