Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 December 2011
The Colours of Christmas!
I think this album "The Colours of Christmas" is just beautiful!! I cannot find a fault with this album at all. You will not be disappointed for it is just breath taking. I am listening to it at the moment "O Holy Night" and it is just gorgeous!!! Treat yourself as I have just did by buying this album!
on 20 December 2011
I have several Rutter albums but this is (to my mind) the best. I do sometimes find the Cambridge Singers a little lacking in oomph but this recording with the Bach Choir has an energy that I love. I am particularly enjoying Ding Dong Merrily with the change of rhythm and Silent Night with the appropriately Tyrolean 'distant horn' effect. OK, so I don't much enjoy 'Chestnuts' or 'Have yourself', but that is simply because I don't like that type of music, not that they aren't excellent recordings. It's good to have another new carol from Rutter - I had already heard 'The Colours of Christmas' last year live at the Royal Albert Hall so I was looking forward to hearing it again and it didn't disappoint. A lovely CD, and one I will be playing a great deal over the festive period.
on 31 December 2011
I bought this as it was recommended in Saga Magazine and my very old classical Christmas music CD was scratched. It was surprisingly hard to find this CD on Amazon at the time - maybe if lots more Saga readers searched for it then it will be higher up the rankings by now. Anyway, it had all the carols and more modern Christmas songs that one could wish for and the booklet inside the CD case had all the words printed too so one could singalong. A great album to play in the days leading up to Christmas to put me in the mood while I wrote cards, wrapped presents and decorated my house.
on 5 October 2013
Having been to the Royal Albert Hall for his Christmas Concert this will always be a reminder of that wonderful concert led by John Rutter himself.
on 4 January 2012
As before with John Rutters work it is ancient become modern, wonderful choral work in a modern idiom,a great work to sit down to and just listen
on 20 December 2011
A beautiful new carol, "The Colours of Christmas" and lovely renditions of classic carols, arranged sympathetically as befitting one of the greatest exponents of the Christmas carol in modern times, John Rutter. The Bach choice and Over the Bridge are both inspired ensemble choices for these carols. All of this combines to create a magical little CD well worth owning.
on 26 December 2011
What can I say? John Rutter never disappoints (when WILL he appear in the New Years Honours List for services to music?) and although some of the arrangements are well known to Rutter fans there is enough here that is new and delightful. A firm favourite already.
on 29 January 2012
This is a most wonderful CD. The choir and music are a perfect classic sound for Christmas. I have several Christmas choral CD's and this is the best by far. Would recommend you buy this beautiful CD.
on 13 February 2015
I bought this as a Christmas present for my husband. Although I ordered it too late, so it arrived a few days later, he is still listening to it now, in late February! It's a really lovely CD.
on 27 January 2014
ABSOLUTELY FAB, SUCH RELAXING MUSIC WITH A THE FANTASTIC BACH CHOIR. ONE OF MY BEST BUYS BY FAR. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. THIS CD HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICES YOU COULD EVER HEAR. THANKYOU.