Customer reviews

Size: 500g|Colour: Sea Salt Original|Change
Price:£6.99+ Free shipping

on 11 February 2015
I did not know this Salt before, as I am not originally from England but from Spain. But as a water person, I am very, very attached to the Sea and of course life right at the Sea.

I as looking for some really tasty salt as I tend to overdo it with salt - must be a family thing as my father had the same bad habid - and thus for me this salt is absolutely amazing. Thank you for all the other reviews as I could understand why I should pay a bit more for this and what exactly is the the additional value. For more detailed information I had a look at the manufactures site as I want to understand how and by whom a product is produced.

Pros:
- Very, very good quality
- Produced in a ecological way
- Handmade as I understood
- Cool packaging
- Good size for many years of great tasting food
- Very intensive taste like a good wine you can feel its origin, feel the sea. Wow!
- You need less salt for the same effect, thus a healthy option
- It dissolves very easily, so no grinder required anymore. You save more money here than you spent.
- Does keep fresh very well even if right next to the oven
- Speedy delivery with good packaging

Cons:
n/a

Very recommended by a salt lover!!!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 20 September 2016
I noticed a small 60g tub of this in my local supermarket and thought I'd give it a try and I have to admit I was surprised at just how good it is and what a difference it makes to food, it's so much more than just normal salt and pepper.
I use it in so many dishes and the little tub didn't last long at all so I started looking for a larger tub and I found this on Amazon but unfortunately it was out of stock at the time so I ordered directly from the Cornish Sea Salt Co.
I ordered 4 large tubs and gave one to each of my daughters and one to my parents and they all love it.
I bought it originally to use on tomatoes, most mornings in an effort to eat healthier instead of cereals or toast and jam I cook up some cherry tomatoes in a little fry light, add this seasoning and serve with homemade bread and it makes a great healthy breakfast which I now prefer to all the sugar filled cereals I used to love.
Like I said I add it to most of the dishes I cook and if you find yourself having a last minute BBQ and you've no marinade then this rubbed into chicken or meat is apparently really good.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon 16 March 2017
This has a lovely, quite subtle flavour. I think it's too good to put in the water that the veg cook in, but I love it in dishes such as a tomato sauce for pasta or meatballs, a chilli con carne, over meat or fish before griddle-frying/pan frying, & I love to gently crush it between my fingers over chips.....lots of it!! There's a good amount contained in the lovely tub it comes in, usually lasting me several months. This is now my salt of choice.
on 17 April 2017
We have used these Cornish Sea Salt varieties for some considerable time now and would
definately use no others. Wish they were available in our town's M&S and Tesco. Excellent.
Improves the taste of the food you are eating by an enormous amount and well worth the money.
on 16 March 2017
Overpriced for salt, but here i am, giving it 5 stars, because somehow its better... i dont know how, but it is. Even my flatmate has taken to using this over his salt, the bar steward... meaning i will probably have to buy even more at an inflated price...
on 7 July 2017
This is truly brilliant stuff, it can transform your cooking, you will never make anything bland again !! Ive now gone through about 10 of these tubs one way or another and will definitely be ordering more soon. Highly recommended.
on 26 February 2015
This salt smells and tastes fantastic. I can imagine myself in front of a log burning fire when I use it. Hubby and I won't buy anthing else. I spend more time sniffing it than is healthy though. Grin.
on 24 April 2015
This salt is allegedly better for you than table salt is which is why I bought it (not a salt fan at all). It's not granulated to a fine degree like the table salt is but comes in crystals instead. Neither is it as salty as the table. The taste is different, too. It arrived as described and on the whole I would say great salt. I'm off to getting a grinder now...
on 19 November 2016
Love this stuff - I add a pinch here (scrambled eggs) and a pinch there (basic tomato sauce) and a few elsewhere along the way - it adds a chilli warmth and makes me feel those extra minerals are helping my continuing quest for glossy good health. Lasts ages and now a kitchen staple for me - Himalayan in the grinder and this - job done.
on 29 October 2016
Wow - just, WOW.
Fantastic for so many uses; to season meat, add to sauces, sprinkle over salads and sandwiches... the list is endless.
This has become a pantry staple for me, and I wouldn't be without it.