on 6 July 2012
This is an excellent value TV for the bedroom. The EPG is especially neat as one can browse the channels while continuing to watch and listen to live TV because the picture appears in a small box in the corner. Most manufacturers don't offer this facility and it is not usually mentioned in reviews and technical details. The on-screen graphics and text are beautifully designed and easy to read, not blocky primary colours like so many other brands. Also not mentioned in the description is that it does come with a scart input as well as HDMI. The remote buttons are many different shapes and sizes which makes operating them in the dark or without taking your eyes off the screen very easy once you learn your way around it. The picture in picture (PiP) feature is handy but only works with HDMI input (not with SCART). For once, the printed instruction manual is written in reasonably good English, and there is a comprehensive on-screen help manual too.

Minus points: Flesh tones were bright orange on setup; there are plenty of picture adjustment features, but it took me some time to experimentally find my way through to getting a good picture. The base is fixed, but there is an optical viewing angle feature which optimises the picture for viewing up to 10 degrees above or below the screen. Annoyingly, this TV doesn't automatically detect HDMI input - you have to switch over manually using the remote, though it will auto-detect scart input. It's worth taking the time to explore the set-up options, for example you can turn off the Samsung splash screen appearing at startup, but this is undocumented. Subtitles are fiddly to switch on and off, requiring several button presses. Not surprisingly for such a small tv, the sound is rather tinny. You can plug in headphones (or speakers) for better sound, but the socket is in a tiny space between the scart and aerial plugs, and the plug had to be pushed in very hard and has a habit of popping out, so it loses a star for poor sound capability.
on 10 February 2013
used other but didn't work well but this one is perfect and doing job very well recommend this item to all of you
on 6 March 2012
I bought this TV to replace a 15 inch Philips analogue TV in the kitchen. It is smaller that the Philips, which is good and the picture is good but I'm disappointed by the quality of the sound. The Philips TV had a reasonable sound quality for its size because of the front facing speakers. The Samsung has a very thin sound, the speakers are at the back of the TV and produce poor sound quality, hence three stars.
on 16 May 2013
I'm used to watching a 51" TV so was a bit of a shock going to a 19" but during a move with a load of stuff in storage this is all I had room for. I think it is very good quality but it only has one scart connection so was a pain as I have a freeview recording box and a DVD player so needed to mess around with leads depending on what I wanted to watch. Depending on the angle, the screen can be a bit dark but i've found this with a lot of TV's and not too much of a problem. I would recommend to a friend but if you can go bigger, do it... with some things size really does matter!
on 2 September 2012
Bought this for bedroom; we have been very happy with our 26" Samsung in the lounge, and the 19" version is every bit as good: sharp picture, good colours and excellent viewing angle. We were a bit worried about the sound quality having read several adverse comments on this feature, but very pleasantly surprised - sound is perfectly acceptable. Excellent product.
on 6 January 2012
Had this TV a couple of weeks now , not to much to say after all its a TV , but picture is ok, probably best suited to a bedroom etc, it is HD ready meaning 720p max, so a PS3/Xbox 360 should be fine on it , the remote is better than my main samsung tv remote, as in you dont need to aim it directly at the tv for it to work.
The stand is fixed, so you cant swivel or tilt the tv in any way but being only 19" its not to much of a problem. The USB is for the most part not much use apart from updating firmware, it will NOT play video, only listen to mp3 or view pictures.

i bought this as a bedroom tv so it doesnt get a lot of use, but im quite happy with it for the price 4/5
on 17 May 2013
This item works well and has a good picture and sound quality but I have had to add something to the bottom of the stand at the front as there is no adjustment and the screen tips forward. I was also unaware when I purchased that there was no aerial connection on the set for a sky disc, so I had to get a roof aerial fitted in order to receive a signal. Being a novice, I was unaware that there are two types of fitment or I'd have checked before purchase. Our larger TV has facilities for both.
on 7 October 2012
I bought this to use in a bedroom. Does everything I wanted. Very useful feature, if you are lying in bed, is the control for variable viewing angle. Picture quality is excellent once you have adjusted it to your taste. There are many controls to change all the parameters of the picture. The guide (EPG) is especially easy to read from a distance. I have looked at other models where the guide is all but illegible due to poor colour choice.

Sound is the usual thin flat TV type sound but it is not too bad. I use a separate pair of speakers plugged in to the headphone outlet to improve the sound. Note that when you plug in external speakers, the audio controls (flat, speech, music etc) are inhibited. This is not a problem if your speakers are reasonable. I used a pair of powered computer speakers.
on 2 June 2012
We already have a 32" HD LCD Samsung Freeview TV for the lounge and a 19" LCD HD Samsung Freeview TV for the bedroom and are extremely pleased with the crystal sharp pictures and general performance on both. As we now needed a small TV for the dining room it was only natural that the choice was a Samsung. The delivery was extremely prompt and no problems were encountered in setting up and switching on. Although the product works very well functionally, I am not at all satisfied with the quality of the picture. It is nowhere near as sharp as the pictures on our other two Samsung TVs no matter what is done to the picture settings. I had been in mind to contact the supplier over this but as we had but fairly recently moved in to our new home I always seem to have something else to do. Perhaps I should set aside a moment to do just that. I must say that this is the first time I have found anything to be disappointed with for anything we have bought from Amazon.
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2013
I bought this TV for my daughter's bedroom and she adores it! It is slim, beautiful, has a USB and HDMI ports and is easy to set up; I can even attach my external hard drive to it and watch movies digitally.

This TV is perfect for a small space i.e. spare room, kitchen or child's room and is not too big or too small - just right. The picture is superb and you can change it to what you want e.g I set it up with 'Dynamic' picture and 'clear voice' sound: fantastic...

A flashy modern TV at a great price!