on 19 August 2011
I've always been a huge fan of Nero ever since I first heard 'Innocence'about a year ago, then they released 'Me and You' which was another Epic tune for me, the same goes for 'Guilt' and the latest single 'Promises' So when I found out they were releasing an album. I had to purchase it, and I was not disappointed. 14 amazing songs, each as good as the one before. The album kicks off with '2808' a strange orchestral type piece which kind of acts like the calm before the "storm" and its one heck of a storm especially as '2808' leads directly into 'Doomsday' -already my favourite-
'Doomsday' is a very dancey song, with a typical dance drum beat at the first drop*, and with a BPM* of 120 it has that element of the french Nu-Disco duo 'Justice' witch I really like. the second drop is in my opinion better, the change in flow and the drum patter changed to a more dubsteppy one. That song packs a punch and the rest of the album follows, where you get a mix of what we have already heard of Nero, and a little mix of Nu-Disco and 80's feel, which combined with the Dubstep makes for a strange yet amazing sound. Totally different to all the other Dubstep that is out there, Nero have created there own sub genre of Dubstep, combining elements of Dubstep with Rock and Nu-Disco. Its an amazing album and also the Singer Alana has a pretty good voice. I believe she sings on the songs:
My eyes
Guilt
Me & You
In The Way
Scorpians
Promises

(My favourite songs on there are: Doomsday, Me & You, Innocence, Promises, Crush on you and Must be the feeling)
(Figure state and Must be the feeling are very Nu-Disco)
*BPM [Beats per minute (tempo)] Dubstep usually falls around 140 BPM, Dance around 110-130 BPM, and Drum & Bass 150-180 BPM

So if you like Dubstep, Nu-Disco, Dance, Nero, or are very open minded then consider buying Nero's album, You can also get the deluxe edition with 6 extra track, two of which are Drum & Bass, one is a remix, of a 'Justice' song (so that could explain the Nu-Disco feel), A VIP (Variation in Production) mix of 'Welcome Reality' from which the album gets its name yet the original track does not feature, another Dubstep song, and the Collaboration Nero did with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra entitled 'Symphony 2808'

Hope enjoy my strange review not really a reviewer but as its Nero :D
My first experience of Nero was the recent single Promises, which almost had me jumping out of bed in the middle of the night to buy it, but I waited for the album and at the introductory download price on Amazon I got a bargain.

It's the first time I've actually liked dubstep, and that's probably because I tend to listen to dismal amateur dubstep remixes on SoundCloud rather than the actual quality stuff, and also because Nero are genuinely inspired and inventive songwriter-musicians. Even the cover version of The Jets' Crush On You kicks any other non-Nero track in the charts this week to bits.

This is groundbreaking stuff, works as a whole album as well as individual tracks, and they're British - so if they don't win several Brit awards next year I'll eat my insert anything you care to choose in this sentence here.
on 16 August 2011
Every time Nero have put out a single, it has excited me no end. The first time I heard each one on the radio, it instantly got stuck in my head and got put on repeat on Youtube. This album was a must buy for me on day one, and I don't regret it.

Obviously, the singles that have been released ("Me & You", "Guilt" and "Promises") are on there and they sound as amazing as the first time I heard them. They are backed up by the stomping intro to the album, "Doomsday", which builds to a cracking climax before the jaw-clenching drop, and the cover of the Jets' 80s pop track, "Crush on You", which is kinda mad and very dubstep, but it really works for me. These tracks alone are worth the entry fee.

A good album, but it perhaps has a few too many filler tracks to be a 5 star classic. Definitely worth a purchase though, as it's a really exciting insight into what this pair could do in the future. Recommended.
on 1 November 2011
This album has been on almost constant repeat since I got it. Given that most albums these days give me one or two plays at most, that should hopefully indicate how much I love it! The sound is HUGE - the wash of 80s synths coupled with the up-to-date sounds of dubstep / drum n bass could make for a poor mix, but in this case it just works. Unlike a lot of what passes for electronic music these days, this doesn't sound like it was knocked together by just copying other, more successful dance tracks of the last 20 years and offers something that is genuinely fresh and exciting.

I think the sound owes as much to Vangelis and those grand synth-phonic sounds of the late 70s/early 80s as it does to the urban, bass heavy beats of the dubstep crowd and all the better for it! There really isn't a duff track, although some are obviously more anthem-friendly than others (and you'll have probably heard them as singles anyway).

All in all, a complete masterpiece, probably my favourite album of 2011! Buy it!
on 19 May 2014
Bought it as a random selection having played a few clips on Amazon. Loved it. Probably listened to it a hundred times at work now, bought I can still pop it on in my car and get enjoyment out of it on the way home. One of the top five albums I have bought this year for certain - and I didn't even realise I liked this sort of music.
on 15 August 2011
Ok, so I'm not your typical dubstep reviewer- I'm 40/housewife/ mother. But wow, and I mean wow!! This album is amazing- you won't be disappointed. And if you get it with Chase and Status and Magnetic man- you're getting a fantastic deal.
on 20 August 2011
Following on from Chase and Status and Magtenic Man, this is another awesome album in the "Dubstep" style. The mish mash of sounds and variety of tunes is fantastic. I love it.
on 19 September 2011
Without a doubt by far the best dance album i have purchased in a long time! Loved the singles but was not so sure that the album would live up to expectations however it is outstanding. This will become one of the cult dance classic albums of our time.
on 23 August 2011
Ever since hearing Zane Lowe play Me & You at the beginning of this year, I've been waiting for this album to be released and it doesn't disappoint. The thing that really strikes me after listening to the album a few times is the quality of the production. Far better than I was expecting. The problem with some dubstep is the seemingly increasing need to play the bass so loud and so distorted that you lose the rest of the track. Mediocre dubstep then tends to be a bit one dimensional and this album has avoided falling into this trap. I dare say that die hard dupstep fans might not like this album and will say it is too mainstream but that's what happens when recognition comes your way.

At the moment, my favourite track would have to be "In The Way". There are a couple which feel like fillers to me which is why it gets 4 out of 5 but don't let that put you off.
on 7 September 2012
x3 Innocence
x3 Guilt
x3 Fugue State
x3 Me and You
Let go of 'cool'...imagine vauxhall rollerdisco...do your thing and x3 Crush on You
See above. x3 Must Be The Feeling
x3 Reaching Out
x3 Promises

x10 Innocence (Hesper Muze Remix (Amazon Exclusive Bonus Track)). WOW!!.

This album rivals chase and status no more idols. we all know how big that album is.