on 10 August 2016
After having gotten through many pairs of different models of Marleys earphones (through breaking them on accident or losing them for the most part) however this is the one and only pair I've ever had where I'm disappointed in their quality. the earphone seperated in the middle to expose the inner workings, however this part opens every time i remove them from my ears and will open when being wound up after use. build quality is poor!
however, having said that i must mention they do sport the same great bass and audio quality as other house of marley earphones in its price range. i recommend puchasing the rounded wooden 19.99 model earphones (smile Jamaica etc...) by the same company rather than these ones.
on 27 March 2013
I got hold of a pair of these for £25 and they are the best in-ear headphones I've owned.
Ignore the review about their weight, I really don't know what they mean by that at all. If anything, they are slightly lighter than others of a similar design.

Pros:
Come with the usual 3 different sized tips for various ear canal diameters.
They come in a nice drawstring pouch which keeps them tidy.
The cable is thick and fabric coated which stops the usual tangling problems - or reduces them at least.
Sound is punchy and sweet. Occasionally, you'll buy a new piece of hifi equipment which makes you reevaluate your entire music collection. Whilst theses are not quite at that level, you will find yourself shuffling through your collection just to see how these headphones handle various types of music. I previously had a pair of £30 Sony in-ear phones very similar to these but they were not good at all. The sound was slack and they broke within 3 months of general use. The Marleys are better all round in my opinion.
The remote is super handy and nicer to use than the standard Apple version. I use the headphone remote a lot on my walk home from work. This one is nice and responsive and clicky.

Cons:
Whilst they sound great, they are not going to completely knock you socks off. I use a pair of Grado SR80i's at home and they are notably better (but 4 or 5 times the price).

If you see these for anything under £30, buy a pair immediately. You will thoroughly enjoy them.
on 19 March 2015
Great set of ear buds, love the colours!
Bought to replace a set of similar headphones (skull candy) that weren't upto daily life (running cycling and general useage), these are noticeably more user friendly as the cord tangles much less and is much quicker to undo. The sturdy cord wrap, and narrow jack for my iphone 6 are great design features, and after a week so far I'm hopeful these will survive more than the 3 months of my last set.
General sound profile is good to me, I listen to a wide variety from podcasts to rock to reggae and for the price these deliver above what yopu'd expect, maybe a little out with the treble/bass but not noticeable if you're multitasking!
LOVE that these are environmentally friendly and ethically sourced materials - mining for rare minerals and timber sourcing are major threats to global ecology, these are well priced considering this too!

UPDATE - after writing this review one side has stopped working! returning as faulty.
on 29 December 2013
I have a wide range of earphones, always looking for a really good set, and whilst these or good-enough for the £14 I paid they are most definitely not worth RRP of £40.

I was a little disappointed on the quality of these earphones - the HoM logo rubbed-off within a week not all the punch-outs in the metal surround were removed.

Sound reproduction was decent enough and I can happily use them for a couple hours in comfort, but aside from the unique cord and colours there really isn't anything that sets these apart from others in this price range (such as my Skullcandy Titans,
on 15 May 2015
I purchased these in-ear headphones for use at work. The Sound is very good, but you may have to tweek the equalizer as these buds have very deep bass (up the treble). I was also impressed by how much background noise they cut out (as there is a lot of construction work going on) I barely had to raise the volume any higher 7 out of 15. Very impressed and even better as they only cost me £12 on sale :)
on 27 November 2013
Wanted the orange pair but they were nto available on amazon at the time. Ordered these instead and was certainly not dissapointed!

The funky colours are great and the actual headphones are made from wood with a metal sleeve which gives them light but well made appearance and just ooze uniqueness!

The sound is excellent and rivals that of other commercial headphones such as skullcandy.

The cord is also braided which makes tha cables harder to tangle and also make id more resistant to stretching he cord.

Overall i love these headphones and would recommend them to anyone.
on 24 February 2015
they arrived on time and aesthetically they look good. The blue design on the ends of the buds didn't last long, quickly getting worn away in my pocket. The fancy stringy cords stopped tangling to an extent which was nice, and it made any tangles which did occur easy to undo (good bye frustrating knots!). The sound was disappointing. It was okay, but even in normal songs (ie not dubstep and songs with a heavy beat) the bass was pretty rubbish unfortunately.
on 16 November 2015
The sound quality of these earphones was amazing for the price that I paid, however the sound completely went in one ear after about 3 months. They lasted longer than some other reviews I have read but this is still unacceptable.
on 13 November 2013
Been using in ear headphones for years and years, bought some expensive ones in the past but these are by far the best I have ever used. This is my second pair, as the 1st ones I had didn't have the mic. The volume control does not work on Android but skipping tracks and answers calls works fine.
on 1 June 2016
I've had these earphones for a long while and they are the best earphones I've ever bought. Simply because they haven't broken. I've spent hundreds of pounds on earphones in the past and they break within the 6 months. My earphones are constantly in my phone. I wrap them around my phone and for some this would be called taking poor care of them. I can gladly say the braided wire on these earphones are made for this. They have been through a lot, and the sound is perfect. I can happily say i do not need another pair of headphones for a long while since I have so much faith in the Marley brand. Since they have lasted nearly a year now If they break I will definitely be getting another pair.