on 10 August 2016
After having gotten through many pairs of different models of Marleys earphones (through breaking them on accident or losing them for the most part) however this is the one and only pair I've ever had where I'm disappointed in their quality. the earphone seperated in the middle to expose the inner workings, however this part opens every time i remove them from my ears and will open when being wound up after use. build quality is poor!
however, having said that i must mention they do sport the same great bass and audio quality as other house of marley earphones in its price range. i recommend puchasing the rounded wooden 19.99 model earphones (smile Jamaica etc...) by the same company rather than these ones.
on 19 March 2015
Great set of ear buds, love the colours!
Bought to replace a set of similar headphones (skull candy) that weren't upto daily life (running cycling and general useage), these are noticeably more user friendly as the cord tangles much less and is much quicker to undo. The sturdy cord wrap, and narrow jack for my iphone 6 are great design features, and after a week so far I'm hopeful these will survive more than the 3 months of my last set.
General sound profile is good to me, I listen to a wide variety from podcasts to rock to reggae and for the price these deliver above what yopu'd expect, maybe a little out with the treble/bass but not noticeable if you're multitasking!
LOVE that these are environmentally friendly and ethically sourced materials - mining for rare minerals and timber sourcing are major threats to global ecology, these are well priced considering this too!

UPDATE - after writing this review one side has stopped working! returning as faulty.
on 20 June 2017
Sound is okay but the in-line remote and ear buds themselves come apart too easily. Carrying case a nice touch but not enough of a redeeming factor for something that should stay in one piece a little longer. Braided cable doesn't tangle easily at least.
on 1 June 2016
I've had these earphones for a long while and they are the best earphones I've ever bought. Simply because they haven't broken. I've spent hundreds of pounds on earphones in the past and they break within the 6 months. My earphones are constantly in my phone. I wrap them around my phone and for some this would be called taking poor care of them. I can gladly say the braided wire on these earphones are made for this. They have been through a lot, and the sound is perfect. I can happily say i do not need another pair of headphones for a long while since I have so much faith in the Marley brand. Since they have lasted nearly a year now If they break I will definitely be getting another pair.
on 15 May 2015
I purchased these in-ear headphones for use at work. The Sound is very good, but you may have to tweek the equalizer as these buds have very deep bass (up the treble). I was also impressed by how much background noise they cut out (as there is a lot of construction work going on) I barely had to raise the volume any higher 7 out of 15. Very impressed and even better as they only cost me £12 on sale :)
on 29 December 2013
I have a wide range of earphones, always looking for a really good set, and whilst these or good-enough for the £14 I paid they are most definitely not worth RRP of £40.

I was a little disappointed on the quality of these earphones - the HoM logo rubbed-off within a week not all the punch-outs in the metal surround were removed.

Sound reproduction was decent enough and I can happily use them for a couple hours in comfort, but aside from the unique cord and colours there really isn't anything that sets these apart from others in this price range (such as my Skullcandy Titans,
on 27 November 2013
Wanted the orange pair but they were nto available on amazon at the time. Ordered these instead and was certainly not dissapointed!

The funky colours are great and the actual headphones are made from wood with a metal sleeve which gives them light but well made appearance and just ooze uniqueness!

The sound is excellent and rivals that of other commercial headphones such as skullcandy.

The cord is also braided which makes tha cables harder to tangle and also make id more resistant to stretching he cord.

Overall i love these headphones and would recommend them to anyone.
on 24 February 2015
they arrived on time and aesthetically they look good. The blue design on the ends of the buds didn't last long, quickly getting worn away in my pocket. The fancy stringy cords stopped tangling to an extent which was nice, and it made any tangles which did occur easy to undo (good bye frustrating knots!). The sound was disappointing. It was okay, but even in normal songs (ie not dubstep and songs with a heavy beat) the bass was pretty rubbish unfortunately.
on 26 June 2015
Love the ethos, love the design.... pity about the build quality.
When I received it and plugged the earphones in for the first time one side was not working.
Fiddling with the wires made sound come through the faulty side intermittently.
What a shame as the sound, when it did work, was very good and better than the Betron B850s I bought at the same time.
on 16 February 2015
Fantastic sound quality, really clear with some serious bass. However, after having them for only a shirt while the audio I the left ear stopped working completely. This is not due to overuse or misuse of the product. I use them for about an hour a day and put them back in the supplied carry bag when finished. Also a shame that the volume controls don't work with android devices.