on 22 August 2017
Made from recycled materials, durable and no tangled wires. The bass is great on these. Perfect for on the go.
on 27 April 2013
Love these head phones, they look fantastic, (cool colours), sound great and clear. The cable is woven and so much stronger than the plastic ones which keep breaking. And all recyclable! Recommend.
on 15 July 2014
Excellent
on 2 November 2014
i have never had a pair of earbuds that sound this good. ever.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 November 2011
Style: Rasta|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This set of in-ear earphones is beautifully presented. The packaging is smart and the earphones themselves have a unique wooden (rather than plastic) body. This looks a lot better in real life than it does in the publicity photo - in fact they really do look rather gorgeous. The cable is also very nice, being of a braided material construction rather than plastic coated. They are also provided with three sizes fittings, and with a smart carrying pouch.

What really matters though is the sound. Fortunately I can report that the sound really is very good indeed. Base is very prominent, but treble and mid range are also bright and clear. There is also little if any distortion at higher volume levels. The in-line controller did not work with my Android phone, but did work perfectly on an iPod touch.

House of Marley is a new brand to the UK. Their unique selling point is that their products and packaging are made from mostly recyclable materials. In this respect I was slightly disappointed at how much plastic packaging there was inside the cardboard box.

Overall - 5 stars. A beautifully presented and really rather gorgeous product that would make a great gift. I have also uploaded a few photos of the product packaging and contents.
review image review image review image review image
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 November 2011
Style: Rasta|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have no idea about any of the technical stuff about these headphones, all I know is that they look very different and funky and the sound is absolutely great. I happily passed a four hour train journey with them firmly in my ears (using the smallest fit), after checking there was none of that horrible whoosh whoosh sound escaping and annoying others in the quiet carriage. I have cloth ears but even I can tell the difference from cheap versions. My daughter is furious because I won't part with them, not even for her. They are mine, all mine and they are heaven.
on 24 November 2013
I tried these out and they were excellent,
For two days.
The audio stopped in the left earphone and there was a buzzing sound.
Disappointing and a waste of money.
on 24 October 2011
Style: Rasta|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These Bob Marley-themed headphones certainly tick all the eco-friendly boxes, even sporting wooden earphone buds, and the design is refreshingly different to the usual monotone colouring you get with conventional headphones. The pink and purple colour scheme looks great and the Rastafarian colours on the headphone cable is also a nice touch. Aesthetically these headphones are undoubtedly distinctive and will certainly standout from the crowd.

Fortunately the high design quality is also reflected in the audio quality, with the sound having a wholesome and warm feel, not tinny at all, with no noticeable distortion at higher volume levels. The sound quality is certainly an improvement on the standard headphones supplied with the iPhone.

So if you're tired of the dull and generic design of your MP3 player's headphones and want to upgrade them to something a little bit more exciting, then these House of Marley headphones are ideal.
on 3 May 2013
I purchased these as of the earphones on the ones bundled with my iphone stopped working and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to upgrade. I wanted a sound quality upgrade and somthing other that the sea of boring black or white products available but at value for money. I didn't realise just how crap the ones that come with apple products really are untill i received these.

Pros:
The cord is longer than apple ones but not so long that it becomes a nuisence. I always found the apple ones to be to short and annoying when the cord pulls on the earphones as you walk about.
Sound quality is unbelievable compared to apple ones. Nice rich sound to them
3 button mic works perfectly & the control buttons are bigger so you can actually feel what you're pressing insead of the tiny one on the apple ones.
Cord seems durable
Very aesthetically pleasing
Very good noise isolation
Jack seems a lot more solid than apple's
Reasonable price for the quality of sound

Cons:
Feedback when the cord rubs against your clothes can be annoying
Earphones are quite bass heavy. Obviously this will depend on the type of music you listen to but can seem a bit to heavy on certain types of music.

Overall these are very good. Having the units sit inside your ear can take some getting used to after being used to apple's ones. Only thing i'd say that let these down is the feedback as the cord rubs against your clothes but this is mainly only noticable when the music stops
on 19 May 2013
I bought these headphones after loosing a pair of (impulse bought) Scullcandies (running me £40). I bought the Scullcandies after my Sony earphones (costing me only £20) broke :( and I needed a quick replacement. Anyway, The main things I wanted in my new earphones were; braided cable, 3 button in-line mic. (compatible with iPhone), right-angle connector, good sound (obviously) and I can safely say after owning them and breaking them in for over a week, that I will definitely be buying another pair from House Of Marley after these blow/break/get lost!

The sound is perfectly crisp and I do see what other reviewers mean when saying the bass mixes with the trebles in some songs. However a simple re-jiggle of your EQ settings fixes this (My iPhone EQ is on 'Late Night' or 'Lounge' and the sound is fine). I've heard details in songs now that I missed with other earphones/over-ear headphones.

The design on these beauties is also a massive selling point; the braided cable and the right-angle connector really sold it for me. Even though I'm not terribly into rasta/reggae music the design (Jamaican flag colours) are really well engineered. The right angle connector improves the longevity and durability (due to everyday wear-and-tear) of the earphones meaning they will be fine in your jeans pockets all day long!

The FSC certified (100% wooden) earphones are very tasteful and stylish while housing brilliant drivers offering a crisp, clear sound I haven't received from other earphones (and I've had many earphones over the years)! They also fit perfectly inside my ears like none of its predecessors, and surprisingly, the larger-than-normal wooden driver-housings are not heavy at all and are perfectly balanced so exercise doesn't even coax them out of my (small) ear canals!

My only gripe is that the in-line mic is the splitter (dividing the single cable into individual L and R ear cables) as I'm used to having the mic on my left cable. This will take some getting used to and it isn't as easily accessible as I am used to because the mic is much lower down now. However I do understand that House Of Marley saw this necessary as creating a clean 'Y-split' dividing 2 BRAIDED cables is very difficult to do while upholding a beautiful aesthetic design so I cannot fault them for that. The wire is also slightly longer than I'm used to but I ended up plaiting a small section of the cable to make it look pretty and to shorten it so it all works out!

I can 100% back this product and can very safely say this wont be the only pair of House Of Marley earphones I will own.

Thanks again House Of Marley!!

Rakesh Bhogal