on 11 November 2011
nice earphones,i bought these to replace my broken sennheiser cx500 earphones , i always felt the sennheisers were a bit too laidback but easy to listen to for long periods , the Marley phones are detailed in the midband without being too forward ,great bass which is very even handed and tuneful with good speed and extension, treble is perfectly judged with a good sense of air and space to the presentation so the sound doesnt become tedious , the impedance has been well thought out so that even my HTC sensation can drive them to very loud levels ,far louder than my old sennheisers could go so please mind your hearing !
all in all a very good product and superb value for money .
on 25 November 2012
For the first month of owning these earphones I was very happy with the sound and look. I even recommended them to a few friends and they went ahead and bought a pair.
Within 2 months however, the sound in the left ear has completely gone. I know this to be a manufacturer problem as my 3 friends have all experienced this problem.
The other thing that infuriates me is Amazons return policy. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to return them to amazon.

Don't even waste your time let alone money.
on 19 May 2012
I had my eye on these for a while, but never had a chance to demo them before I bought them, so I felt I was taking a bit of a punt here.

First of all the packaging is very nice. Someone has thought about it and the headphones are really nicely presented in an "ecofriendly" box in keeping with the "sustainable" HoM image. Even the cable is secured in the packaging with twine, not the standard plastic tie.

Secondly, the headphones look attractive. They are made of real wood and have nice metal detailing. The cable is not plastic coated wire, but fabric woven with red-yellow-green detailing, and not only does this give the cable a "natural" looking aesthetic, but it also means it is relatively tangle free.

Thirdly, they sound pretty good too. The headphones are noise isolating, in the ear canal design, and come with three different, swappable, sized ear plugs to fit comfortably in the ear. They have a very rich bass sound with a bright treble. If you prefer your music with lots of bottom end you will probably like these headphones.

They also come with a small embroidered pouch to keep them in.

I am happy with my purchase and would recommend these headphones.
on 27 December 2011
these headphone visualy look great, allot of people love to wood and metal instead of plastic. they have great bass withot being overpowering. the only area they dont impress and are rather average are songs with piano in them , hard any personality out in the song when they are ok in this genre , other than that they look great , sound mostly great and a good price
on 8 August 2012
I bought these to replace my beloved Sony in-ear 'phones which finally fell apart. And they're fab! They're so comfortable in ear, that I forget I've got them in, unlike the Sennheiser which felt uncomfortable and were more expensive.

Only one thing I'd change, it's the cable. It would've been better if the cable to the left was longer than the right, so that they hang around the neck better.
on 11 March 2014
Well priced robust earphones. I've had mine for over a year with no problems in build and sound quality. Sound is a bit bassy but tolerable.
So why only 3 stars? The fabric coated cable is kink resistant and nice to look at but unfortunately transmits an intrusive rasping sound when it rubs against clothing collars scarves etc. it is really loud and to me anyway incredibly infuriating which takes the edge off whatever I listen to.
on 6 December 2014
Broke after one use. And when I say broke I mean came completely apart in my bag. I'm not aware of anything happening to them when I was carrying them around, and have never had this happen to me with any other headphones.
on 20 August 2014
I am a music love so its very difficult to convince me when it comes to a good earphone. It has a decent sound quality with good bass however sound quality lacks when you move to high freq sounds which in 90% of time does nt make any difference as people generally cant notice this.

What is good ?
Price is good for what you are getting.
Strong cable
decent bass
build quality

What is disappointing ?
Cable is not tangle free so you will struggle some time.
Not for HQ or extreme music lovers.
They could have used better sound driver

Over all i would say this is a good product with clean environment effect , I would recommend it for its build quality.
on 8 October 2014
I used these for about 10hours a day so after 6 months of using all the time, the left ear just went. But, I am buying another pair as they are cheap and the sound out of Marley's is amazing!!
on 21 September 2014
I bought these for my bunny for her birthday, great sound but she managed to chew threw the cord and break them. Or did I buy them for me? Moral of the story, don't own a bunny.