Size: S (52-55,5 cm)|Colour: Matte White|Change
Price:£52.94 - £109.08

I bought my G10 in Wengen in January 2007, a time when there was not all that much snow around, and immediately after I had unexpectedly ended up prone at the end of the piste with my head on the ice about six inches from a big rock. That was a significant wake-up call after many years of skiing.

I've only hit the deck a few times since, but each occasion has been unexpected and no amount of skill would have prevented my head smashing into the ground. The helmet has earned its keep.

The ventilation adjustment is superb, and I use it frequently to keep my head comfortable in the wide range of conditions one can expect on piste; I've skiied in weather as warm as +10C in March down in sunny Meribel, and as cold as -27C worsened by the wind-chill of a January gale high on the glacier above Tignes. Because the lower two vents on the front are not subject to the adjuster, during a couple of really cold weeks I have just blocked them with a couple of earplugs.

The chin strap adjustment always seems stable and doesn't wander out much.

I've never bothered to remove the ear pads, I can hear well enough through them. However if it is really cold, as it was in and above Arc2000 in March 2013 (-30C on the Aguille Rouge, no sun, and add wind-chill), then a silk balaclava also helps with keeping the icy wind out of the ears.

The goggle retaining strap on the back is very effective, and has been tested a couple of times.

The padding on the inner lining is more generous and more comfortable than many other makes. I have needed to re-glue the bits of Velcro that hold it in place to the expanded polystyrene inner shell.

I've also stuck a Go-Pro camera mount on the top, and it has remained in place nicely through several weeks of filming. Adding the balaclava helps with preventing the camera from jiggling.

My helmet is old enough that it has no other adjustments, but it has stood the test of time (17 weeks skiing so far) and nothing has broken or cracked.

If I should damage mine I would have no hesitation in buying another G10 to replace it. (But now see the addendum.)

Addendum. 18th November 2013

I took a friend to try out lots of helmets in Snow and Rock at the Hemel Snowdome today, and we had a look at the latest version of the G10. It has had a base-of-the-skull-back-of-the-neck dial-adjuster added to it and the soft inner padding has been removed there to make room for the adjuster. This uncomfortable (for my head shape) addition now loses it a star for me, but she has lots more hair than me and with the medium size helmet did not find the adjuster was a problem. As always, the advice is still to try all the different helmets on and see what suits you best.
on 26 April 2010
The Giro G10 looks sleek and stylish and very comfortable (soft chin strap and soft ear pads). Inner lining is removable for washing and has adjustable vent holes. It also has the mechanism for tightening for a better fit. Ear pads can also be removed and headphones can be installed in the ear pads.
on 7 March 2012
Used this for the first time during a snowboarding trip to Morzine in February. Does the job intended, very comfortable fit and the ear muff part is handy - can be removed also which I liked. Size-wise I though it was a little on the large size (even though correct size for my head) but I didn't mind too much as it was safety and comfort I was after.
Has vents on top also but never needed to bother with them.
Would defo reccomend as it seems like it will last a good while (hopefully it doesn't get tested to it's maximum!)
on 11 March 2016
A very lightweight and breathable helmet. Ideal for warm days out skiing. The vents are adjustable to let air circulate to keep you cool.
There is plenty of adjustment available to fit different shaped heads. Ear pads are warm and comfortable. The chin strap is well covered so there are no irritating rubs when skiing. The helmet is well shaped and has plenty of space to fit my oversized goggles.
on 26 January 2011
I was sceptical about ski helmets before because I get really warm wearing hats. This was great for boarding and Skiing and I was not too hot, just the right temperature and my ears were warm too. Adjusts to the perfect fitting.

All in all a great helmet and a great price too. Thoroughly well recommended
on 15 January 2015
I've just bought this helmet to update my well used Dianese lid. Having tried a huge number of helmets at a number of stores I settled on the fact that the only really comfortable helmets were made by Giro - the liners were well padded and the adjustment system discreet and comfortable unlike some rear wheel adjusted helmets. However these higher end helmets come with a rrp of circa £90 minimum. Therefore I returned home to look online for discounts, starting with the G9 model. The best deal found was for the white G10 at just under £50 vs rrp £120 via Outdoor Action. Bargain bagged very quickly I received my helmet in a few days, and what a fab helmet it is - super comfortable, very lightweight, quality ear pads and overall quality feel. I was so impressed I went back and bought a couple more for the family! A great spec quality helmet found at a knockdown price if you are not so worried about having a white one vs latest model black or red....
on 21 February 2015
Despite reading that it is at least last season's design (perhaps older), this is still a very good helmet. I used it for two weeks this year and had no problems. Fit was excellent (large size) and the quality is very good. Well ventilated and easy to adjust the vents while while wearing the helmet and ski gloves. The helmet is light yet secure, better than my last lid which was not nearly so comfy. The padded ear sections are removable and can accomodate ear phones-not that I would ever consider using them as I am of that vintage who think that you should have all your senses in play while you are ski-ing to alert you to any possible problems.For £50 this was a steal. I would have given 5 stars, but the padded section of the chin strap is sown on to the webbing section of the strap at one end. This means that the padded section canmnot slide along the strap and sits slightly to the side of my chin, not exactly underneath it. That said, there was no compromise in the comfort of the helmet, I just thought it a bit of a design fault. Delivery was excellent and on time.
on 31 March 2016
I skied for decades without a helmet and only bought one because I was skiing a lot off piste. I researched for a long time before buying the G10 as I was concerned about comfort. I am so glad that I did buy this helmet as it is more confortable than I expected and I now always use it when skiing. It has a good range of size settings and I can wear it with a hat when it is cold and then adjust it for use without a hat when it is warm. The ventilation is also quite good if it gets really warm. I am surprised how pleased I am with such a good value helmet.
on 9 May 2014
Bought this helmet to replace my old helmet purchased in States some years ago and showing signs of wear. The Giro G10 is a much superior fit and very comfortable. No gap between goggles helmet and excellent ventilation. The colour is matt white, The "exploded argyle" design is a very faint design on one side of the helmet, almost invisible and a total waste of space! Just call it matt white. All in, an excellent hemet.
on 14 January 2016
Very comfortable fit with the ratchet adjustment and padded chin strap. The ear pads kept me warm and had a negligible effect on hearing and ventilation was good. Goggle strap clip helped keep them in place. Very happy with this, especially at about half price!