on 8 March 2012
This arrived in a couple of days and is of a very good quality. Works perfectly with great sound through my Hi-Fi with the dock to aux connector. The USB is an added bonus, allowing the iPod/Pad/Phone to charge at same time. Also useful is that the point at which the cable splits into the USB and Aux cable sections is a good halfway down the cable length (so about 60cm down). This means that the Amplifier/Dock/Radio etc can be about 1.2m away from the charging source (wall socket/PC/car adapter) which gives good flexibility. Some of the other cables for sale look like the point at which the cables split between USB and Aux is very close to the end of the cables, which means you need your amp/dock/radio very close to a wall socket for charging. Can't fault it.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2013
We have an auxiliary point in our car and this cable was perfect for attaching the iPhone and playing spotify, etc..., through the car stereo. Yes, you have cable to tidy away, but it's worth it, and this is a much cheaper and full proof method of playing your music in the car compared to the devices which find a radio station and play your music wirelessly - such devices never got that good a review which is why I opted for this. I'm very pleased with it and would highly recommend it.
on 26 December 2012
I got this for use in my car. I have an iPod dock cable that means I can scroll through the library and playlists on my iPod/iPhone but I find the menu system in my car a bit laborious. As my iPhone sits in a cradle I decided to get this cable and plug straight in to the aux jack instead using the dedicated iPod dock cable. I can now use the iPhone screen to find my playlists etc. The cable length just about suits where I keep my iProduct. Delivery was quick too.
on 3 May 2014
I brought this for my daughter so that she could listen to her music whilst charging her phone whilst driving. It was great to start with although the Aux jack was a bit loose to start with. bit after a while it stopped working and now the charger lead only works intermittently. Daughter has gone back t using 2 separate leads.
One person found this helpful
on 31 December 2012
I got one of these to connect my iphone to the stereo on my Landrover Freelander 2 so that I could listen to my record collection as I drive.

It works great; my MP3s come out fine on car stereo, plus the directions from the TomTom app are played through the car stereo. Moreover the sound volume is well matched between the TomTom app and the MP3 player, so I don't get that experience of the TomTom shouting at me in the way that you do connection the headphone socket to the car's line in.

It is a much cheaper option than buying the landrover iphone connectivity kit (which is about £500 fitted).

Plus you can still connect a bluetooth hands free to take calls. When the call ends, the iphone reverts to planing music through the car speakers.
on 28 June 2013
I bought this product as a replacement for my current cable – which came with the stereo and has all of the same connections – but unfortunately it doesn’t work as I’d hoped.

When connected to my iPod I can’t select any music, as the iPod just displays the ‘do not disconnect’ message. I have tried changing the input using the stereo, but it doesn’t work with the usual AUX and on the iPod setting it just says ‘no files’.

I can get audio via the 3.5mm jack when I connect the cable to my iPhone 4S, but the phone will not charge using the USB. I realise the cable isn’t listed as compatible with the 4S, so that one is my own fault, but thought it worth pointing out for anyone else that has the 4S and was intending to get this cable.

Good as a cheap AUX in cable for iPhone though.
on 25 June 2013
We were experiencing a lot of hiss from our iPods due to playing back sound through the iPod headphone port and looked for other options. After considering replacing the stereo and seeing the costs mount up, and also reading that dock output should eliminate most of the hiss, we thought we'd try this.

We figured that even though some people also report that the iPod Nano 6th generation dock output doesn't work, we wouldn't be wasting too much money if it didn't work.

Anyway, the great news is that those fears were unfounded and this product works perfectly on the devices we've tried. We plugged the USB plug into the 12V-USB power supply we already had, the 3.5mm into the stereo then plugged in the iPods.... Both Nano 5th and 6th generation are working well and sounding much better using this lead.
on 11 June 2014
What a good idea, a 2 in 1 ipod to pc/charger plus 3.5mm audio output plug. Don't make the mistake I made though - thinking this would plug into regular size (which i now know is 6.5mm/ quarter inch jack plug!) stereo socket as this 3.5mm and is obviously still the small earphones size plug! If you do find yourself in my position though just order a 3.5mm to 6.5mm adapter and restore your dignity!! link attached to show I have mastered some internet skills! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007ZR1ZBE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
on 9 September 2012
I was a little dubious about this item but when it arrived, however, I was pleasantly surprised that it worked -and worked very well. It IS able to charge and play at the same time. Also, a few have complained that the cable splits too far down, I would disagree, it needs to, so that you can perform both functions (charging while playing your ipod) at the same time.

You can buy in confidence that it will work!
on 26 February 2014
I ordered a white one but a black one arrived, but that's not a big issue, a few reviews said it charged their Ipods up when it was in use, it doesn't with mine, but again not an issue, cable is super long which is good, but just make sure its pushed right into the Aux plug and into your Ipod otherwise it cracks.