on 9 October 2017
Powerful, but ruined by the same infamous button found on all chinese flash lights these days (the same button that died on my last flash light). Depressing the button by as little as 0.3mm turns off the light. This extremely tiny travel distance combined with chinese manufacturing tolerances means that after some light use, the button can no longer reliably turn on the light. For a while you can shake or tap it to restore the electrical contact, but eventually it won't work at all. The packaging says the button is rated to 25,000 presses, but this is just a lie. Its probably luck of the draw - if you buy 2 of these, one might last years, while the other will have a dud button within weeks/months.

The brightness is great and the rest of the product seems to be decent quality, so its a pity the button ruins it. And its a pity 95% of all flash lights on Amazon use this same inferior chinese button design.
23 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 30 June 2017
I bought this just to do my gas meter readings. The meter is far under the sink and kitchen units so no light gets in there. This has solved the problem.

When I bought it I had a bit of difficulty in getting the 3 batteries the right way for it to work but I got there in the end. You turn it on by the button on the bottom and the LED's are really quite bright.

I can imagine this torch would be really ideal for camping or around the house when you don't wan to wake anyone up! I'm pleased with my purchase. I bought it a year ago and it's still going strong, 5 stars
9 people found this helpful
on 1 September 2017
Whether this torch produces 140 lumen it is rated at, I can confirm it is incredibly bright. In fact, it is as bright as another torch that I’ve got - the Hiwill LED torch rated at (wait for it…) 800 lumen. Make of that what you will. The build is solid and I can confirm it is water-resistant, having used it on a number of occasions in heavy rain.

The focus/zoom control is what lets it down. Don’t get me wrong - it works as advertised but the smooth continuous zoom, as opposed to well-defined discrete zoom-steps, seems to take forever to move from one end of the zoom range to the other, requiring several complete revolutions. The Hiwill is far superior in this respect, with 10 or so zoom-steps, and I much prefer that design. However, unlike the Hiwill, there isn’t a flash mode - it’s simply on-or-off. Personally, I prefer this to Hiwill’s modes (bright/dim/flash) as the flash mode can be quite disconcerting when switching it back on from dim-mode. That said, the flash mode does have its uses particularly for hill-walkers, just not for me. This is good price for a bright, reliable torch. If I had to pick one, I’d go with the Hiwill solely due to the better focus/zoom control.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2017
This torch is the best I've had before! In the pitch black outback in Africa it worked a treat! Stronger than anyone else's torch :)
9 people found this helpful
on 24 March 2016
Had two of these for almost a year
I use them when taking the dog out on the field. When zoomed out you can get something like a 20 ft area in front of you lit up very bright. Then obviously that area fades the further away. zoom in and this light will illuminate a much smaller spot upto 300ft away depending on the age of the batteries. I use this to look around the entire edge of the field looking for others who may not have their dogs on leads before taking our chiwawas on. The 3 Aaa batteries last about 2 months before I change them. This is with at least 40 mins use every day. A walk in the morning and 3 once the dun goes down at this time of year. These torches would also be ideal for cyclists if they purchased the standard torch holder for the handle bars providing they were not after a flashing function. Best little torch I have ever owned.
6 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2017
I didn’t think torches could be so great...

Honestly. The simplicity of this torch is superb.

It’s lightweight, mostly metal construction. Bright, adjustable (zoom of light I mean) and has a single - well positioned push button for on/off.

Runs off 3 AAA batteries (included) and has a wrist strap to boot.

Have bought to leave in the car for emergencies, but am now wanting an excuse to buy a couple for general use around the house and for in my DIY box.

Absolutely superb.
4 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2017
Great little torch. Bought two of these when they were on offer and they are brilliant, literally! ;) There is a zoom on the torch for more pin pointed focus should you not need to highlight a smaller area which is very useful.
6 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2017
I was looking to buy another torch. In the past I’ve purchased several torches from a brand leader, obviously paying a lot more money. When I read the reviews for this torch, I had to buy it, thinking to myself I’ll give it a go, all these people can’t be wrong giving five ster reviews. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. What excellent value for money, I tried it at night the light from the torch was bright and clear, the adjustable focus worked smoothly and the button to switch it on and off worked well. What I found with the more expensive brand of torch regarding the on and off button, you think you’ve switched it off, but you’ve clicked on to half power which I personally find annoying. I will definitely not be paying a premium price for a torch again, as this torch is such good value for money.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 August 2016
This was bought as a gift to my father and am rather pleased. Torch arrived in nice packaging. It works without any additional batteries as they are provided. This is a great plus as straight out the box you put the batteries in and ready to go. It feels great, pretty light and the wrist strap helps for when needing to free up hands. One little problem with it is that when you alter the beam of the light the material feels and sounds like it is scraping and isn't smooth. However, this obviously takes nothing away from the ability of the torch and overall this is really well built.
And about the ability. This has a great wide beam that lights up the garden easily at night. When the beam is fully focused then this torch has a massive distance, and even my quick trial in my room with curtains pulled and the light off proved how great this torch is. There is also a little batter when fully focused which you can see at short distances which is a little plus, especially if you have kids.
Overall I really like this product and would recommend for anyone, even if it's for a blackout as this can light up a whole room easily.

PROs: - Great beam
- Value for money (I even got it during a sale)

CONs: - Rubbing in moving parts
3 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2018
This is a good little torch, bright and has a good distance - the zoom function is really handy. My only reason for only giving 4 stars instead of 5 is due to how quickly it runs through batteries, after a week the light starts to dim but I do use it every single night. The customer service of the company is also brilliant and they are happy to sort out any issues. If you are looking for a cheap torch that is bright and to be used occasionally, then I highly recommend this one.
3 people found this helpful