on 20 May 2018
I like the way he writes like telling a story. However there are no UK metric weight and measures. No pictures or drawings to guide you, and only one recipe,hidden in the narrative. As a single person, I would have to get a stand mixer to knead that amount of dough , and freeze two or three loaves. This is three times the amount made in the New Artisan bread in 5 books.
To be honest , this e book is annoying.
on 26 January 2014
The 'book' is a basic article that can be found anywhere FREE on the internet. Not one recipe in sight and nothing I didn't already know...very disappointing!
6 people found this helpful
on 13 December 2013
This is a very short book but it tells you all you need to know to make sourdough. Still I am not going to make bread in the quantities suggested. I have my own sourdough starter but I think I might need to make bread using Mark's method.
3 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2015
Just the basic instructions, without the variations, which is all you need really. Basic instructions are clear and concise, so should be read by anybody interested in making sourdough. Also, they appear to work! For a free book, what more do you want?
on 29 September 2014
There is a lot of mysticism and even a touch of magic, perhaps, surrounding this subject.

This book debunks all the myths surrounding sourdough starters. It's common sense approach makes it possible for those of us who are not master bakers or even wizards to enjoy the best bread with ease and confidence.

l wish that I had this knowledge years ago!
on 7 January 2014
The book is too simply and not much informative. Instructions are simple but lack detail I had to dig internet to find out more about starting the culture because it is the most important step towards making good loaf.
3 people found this helpful
on 19 August 2013
I am intrigued by Sourdough, the process behind it and how to make bread.
The book is really short and to the point, but it gives you a real fast insight into the subject.
A good book for a beginner to learn the basics.
Can't wait to try Sourdough out for myself.
Great read!
on 5 January 2013
A pamphlet or leaflet more than a book but has everything you need information wise to make sourdough. There are many books on this subject but at the end they don't say much more than this does and in such a succcinct way. Would recommend for sourdough addicts.
on 6 February 2014
It certainly gave you an idea of what sourdough was all about but if I hadn't done a lot more research i would still have been unsure about how to go about creating a sourdough loaf.. Also most recipes give instructions using 1lb or 500 grams of flour but this book said to use 6lbs. Way too much unless you want to start a bakery. not as clear as I'd hoped.
on 5 October 2013
I found this book very interesting and enjoyable, I will read more from this author. Thank you for writing and publishing.
2 people found this helpful