on 10 July 2012
I have several Le Creuset items but didn't have the Le Creuset Cast Iron shallow casserole. I've owned a Cirulon paella pan for 11 years which cost me around a hundred pounds back then. It has been worth every penny but after 11 years hard labour in my kitchen it was ready to bin it and replace it. I did consider buying the exact same model which is still on sale today but decided instead to replace it with this Le Creuset Shallow Casserole. Its very similar in shape and size and holds roughly the same amount of food. But, this is a nicer colour (my circulon paella pan was black with a stainless steel lid) this almond colour is simply stunning and to me its a lot more attractive.

I love Le Creuset cookware as its top quality, looks good, performs effortlessly and lasts and lasts, as long as you don't drop it (cast iron is very heavy, so you need strong arms to lift this when it is full) and it washes up so easily.

My shallow casserole arrived this afternoon and I made dinner in it tonight. The flavour was awesome! and as the lids are so tight fitting and the cast iron distributes heat so well, I cooked our dinner on a very low heat which is of course, energy efficient.

I can find nothing at all negative about this, I love it already and it will be used almost daily in my house. An excellent investment for a serious cook and I trust you will be as delighted as I am with it.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! (I would not swap this for the circulon one I threw away this morning)
on 2 August 2015
Couldn't be happier - use my Le Creuset for loads of dishes great that you can cook in it and also take it to the table. Probably quite expensive but I am a great believer in "you get what you pay for" will last for years. Highly recommend
on 12 November 2013
top marks to Le Creuset for putting yet another perfect product on the market. This is the pan that will do it all. fry/bake/etc. love it and use it almost daily. can't imagine why anyone would want to use any other product.
on 14 February 2013
Always wanted one of these and when I was given an Amazon Gift Voucher for Christmas it went towards one. It takes a while to heat up and make sure that there is some oil in the base or water as it will easily burn. With the lid in place I can put the temperature down to the lowest for cooking on the hob and therefore saving money. My wish now is toads to the collection with a notice deep casserole dish!
on 2 April 2013
We already had a Le Creuset casserole so knew they were made to last a lifetime. We made the mistake though of buying a cheaper imitation when we wanted a shallower dish for risottos etc. It only lasted a couple of years before the inner coating started to peel away and it was retired leaving the only logical course of action - buy a proper one! Hence we bought this one (it didn't match our other one but who cares - it was a good price) and we fully expect to get many years of service from it.
Buy cheap, buy twice. Buy Le Crueset, buy once. Lesson learned...
on 18 October 2017
Very versatile and cooks evenly
on 4 March 2013
Where do I start with this little beauty.

I have seen this being used by so many TV chefs and it always looked stylish, as well as versatile and generally very useful.

It is all of the above. I absolutely love it. It is brilliant for starting cooking on the hob, then moving to an oven, and even ending up on the table. It's that beautiful.
on 11 April 2014
Love the way this looks and the way this cooks. We've had some delicious roasts and casseroles from this and no problems cleaning or maintaining. I've always loved Le Creuset and this one lives up to the reputation.
on 26 March 2014
As always with Le Creuset I am very happy withy this shallow casserole. A very useful size for 2 people. I do have the large one as well, and they can be stored one inside the other, so don't take up any more room.
on 12 February 2014
I wanted a low casserole so I could fit other things in my oven. It's great although I should have bought the 30cm because the lack of depth meant I can't fit so much in it. I will treat myself to the 30cm next time. The colour goes perfectly with my kitchen.