Customer reviews

Topstar Ergo Point SY Swivel Chair with Free Moveable Backrest - Black
Colour: Black|Change

on 3 January 2013
I'm quite disappointed in the general loose feel of the chair. I've tightened every nut and screw, but the arms wobble about and the plastic cover on the back of the chair has a tendency to pop out of it's socket when I sit down. I can only imagine that over time things will just get worse.

On the plus side, the general seating position is comfortable and supports my back well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 December 2012
This chair is a huge step-up over my old chair I had for years. It is great for my back,a s I sit quite a lot of hours in front of my PC, and thus this chair helps my back in sitting up-right.
Assembly was extremely easy, with instructions provided - it took around 10 minutes to full assemble.

The functions of the chair are good and sturdy too.
-There's a leaver for tilting both the back and front of the chair (this means both the part where your legs are resting and your back) - this leaver controls both of them, and they can't be independently adjusted either.
-There's a leaver for the height
-The back of the chair can be raised or lowered manually by hand
-The arm rests can be adjusted independently

My only complaint of this chair is the wheels seem a little stiff to roll freely, but I think over time that will change.
I should also note that this chair will appear small, and is made for medium to small people. Larger people will find this chair a bit too small for them - this includes sitting and back surface areas.

I too, like other reviewers bought this whilst it was on sale during black friday for around £100.
on 19 February 2015
Really pleased with this chair. Initially I was unsure how I would find this chair (being almost 20 stone in weight) as I have had many chairs that were either too uncomfortable, or unsuitable for my size.

The chair itself is a good seating position, and looks even better that the picture does.

It goes together really easily (I am partially sighted, so these things always pose a bit of a challenge), and I had it together in about 15 minutes. I would imagine someone that can actually read the instructions would be quicker than that. :-)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this chair to people in need of something that will provide a steady, comfortable chair.

Having seen some other reviews mention the arm rests being a bit wobbly, this is actually part of the design, and is just something that you have to put up with. It simply means there is a few millimetres of "give" in the arms, and in no way impacts their use.
on 9 August 2013
I've had my eye on this chair for a while, and seeing a dip in the price, I couldn't resist and bought it..
It's a weighty item, and feels very solid to sit in. The arms move a bit, but on this kind of chair, that's only to be expected (you don't have to install them if you don't want them).. The seat is comfortable, the adjustment lets you find exactly the point that's most comfortable, and the support of the back is excellent..
I have a nice moulded cushion for the seat (as I tend to have back problems, and the right cushion shape makes a real difference, but the seat without cushion is pretty comfy for an office style chair..
Overall, very happy with the buy, and I suspect it'll be with me for many a year, like its predecessor..
on 10 September 2013
Yes the arms which are adjustable can be a bit wobbly but then that nothing bad. Everything is solid and of a person over 100kg and back problems this is perfect. None of this managers chair rubbish. A proper office chair for the home. Oh another little gripe from the missus is that its a little too high even on its lowest setting so if your below 5'5" your legs maybe dangling unless you have a foot stool. All in all a good purchase. Pricey but there nothing that has adjustable back and height and all the rest in this price range. So good I bought two.
VINE VOICEon 13 December 2011
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My first consideration when purchasing a chair like this, or indeed anything that comes "flat packed" is ease of build. I have wasted what seems like days of my life struggling in the past with all manner of flat packed joy. Never in school did I envisage that at 34 I wouldn't be an astronaut, or a policeman, or a rock star but that instead, I would while away the hours building tenuously named Scandinavian book shelves and losing my temper multiple times in the process.

Thankfully though building this chair was a doddle, although not as easy as I'd hoped overall. The instructions are clear and the parts well machined. It's just that parts of the chair are quite heavy, and manipulating them in to place was a little tricky alone.

That aside, this is a hugely comfortable office / computer desk chair that is easy to set up, once built, exactly how you'd like. And let's face it, if you're spending serious money on a chair like this, that's what matters. True, it lacks a headrest which for some might be annoying and a glaring omission. But for me, this chair makes up for that with it's ease of set up and overall, it's comfort.
on 26 September 2014
This arrived promptly and was straightforward to assemble. In my opinion the parts are well engineered and the assembled chair is far more stable than the old one it replaced. As well as the usual adjustments for height and position of backrest, I particularly like the fact that the arm rests can be raised or lowered. Five out of five.
on 21 January 2016
I ordered this with much excitement on finally finding a good priced office chair with lots of room. Although those two boxes are ticked, the chair itself is not the best in the world, but it does the job well. The seat itself looks like it is slightly bending downwards (from the back to the front). Although I hear this is to ensure good posture and a correct 90 degree knee position, it can be a bit uneasy. The only way I find it comfortable enough to spend long hour is to use the back rest, which keels backward and allow for more comfortable seating.

The chair is definitely on my recommendations list. Lots of space for your elbows/arms to flail about (if that's what you're into). Also was not that hard to build. Just need a bit of patience and some space. I've had this for a bit now and its holding up okay. A bit of squeaking which was easily fixed by a little WD40 - I am a big lad.
on 6 April 2013
I had one of these @ work and it was very comfortable ... glad I found similar model from the same company ... seat height is very nice upto about 56cm (perfect) ... very strong ... back support superb ... the arm rests are slightly loose (normal) but works well and so not too hard on your arms ... I'm not a light person but it feels solid to me ... very easy to put together ... I am very pleased with this product ... well done TopStar ... would recommend ... especially at the £96.56 offer they had on, for the BLACK version, at the time of purchase ... they're now @ £164 ... 2 days after I bought mine ... bargain ... :)
on 29 November 2015
The chair seemed to be of a respectable built quality on removal from the box, however the acid test of my sitting in it left me feeling it lacked the sturdiness which the individual parts had hinted at.

Like another customer has previously mentioned, the arms wobbled a great deal when rested on, and altering the seat height didn't inspire one with confidence.

Thankfully Amazon offered me a refund, along with arranging for a courier to come and collect an item that I would have found inconvenient to return myself.