Format: DVD|Change

on 19 January 2013
The fifth season was something completely different for me. I had to get warm with Matt Smith and the new crew. That took some time. With the sixth season some new changes came and again it took some time. What i don't like ist that the plot line doesn't work as smooth as with Russel T. Davis. The stories are good but i miss sometimes the "flashbacks" to older parts of the show. In genenal i am happy that i bought this season too. An i am waiting for the next.
on 17 April 2013
A good , if overly complicated series, this has the usual 13 episodes all linked to the final story of the death of the doctor.
Intriguing details are revealed in each episode, but it is written in a confusing way where often you are given clues to things that haven't even happened yet, so it can be hard to follow sometimes.

All the usual expected extras with Dr Who confidential and on set cam interviews etc, so a nice package all round.
on 27 June 2014
As my Sony DVD recorder went wrong & Sony were of no help whatsoever. I lost most of Series 6 along with other programmes. I want to see the last of episodes of Colin Tennant as The Doctor bedore Peter Capaldi takes on the role. I tried watching Matt Smith but wasn`t a fan but I`m big fan of Peter Capaldi from The Thick of It though I doubt any of `Malcolm Tucker` will be allowed in Doctor Who as children watch it too!
on 17 December 2011
I personally have loved what the "new" team have brought to the table. Matt for me is a breath of fresh air in the same way the previous doctor was. Love the production values. nice to see how the river song storyline was tied up. this now leads onwards and upwards. Rory and Ms Pond are now coming towards their natural end so I will be thrilled to see where they take the Doctor next. great box set too. especially in HD
on 22 August 2013
What a Bargain this Boxset really is,I got this on AMAZON for £14.50 with free delivery,Excellently packaged and came within its delivery date,Its great to sit and watch all these episodes again not that i have finished them all yet,This Boxset is DOUBLE the price on the high street and all Major leading shops,£29.99 Everywhere,An absolute gift on AMAZON and all the family are enjoying watching this.
on 2 April 2013
I chose 5 stars because it is very good because you have got the idea of The Silence going through the whole series to make a big climax for the end of the series. I would recomend this to people who like sc-fi, aliens and mysterious monsters, but then again there are some friendly looking monsters which aren't scary, so this could be for people who like monsters and who are big fans of Doctor Who.
on 12 November 2014
Doctor Who! Doctor Who! Doctor WHO! I LOVE it. Finaly it is revealed the identity of Doctor River Song.
on 1 November 2011
This for me was a brillant series which not only had some great episodes and moments but also brought to an end the storyline of River Song who first came to our notice during the time of David Tennant and Russell T Davies. I say this because although we may or not see River again we know her end of course because we have already seen her death so now we finally find out who she is and what she meant to the Dr, Amy and Rory.

I found this a well written and balanced series with Matt, Karen, Arthur and Alex each completely settled into their roles and their acting. Steven's writing for me has always been one to the highlights of New Who and this series I wasn't disappointed and the mad, bad Wedding of Riversong feels like both Matt and Smith are now ready to take the Dr in a new direction and one I look forward to seeing.

Job well done looking forward to series 7 and the 50th year celebration.
on 18 January 2013
Ahhh... Doctor Who! This was a much better season that season 5. Amy was nowhere near as annoying, and having Rory as a regular companion improved Amy 10-fold in my opinion. I also love that River is a more important character.

Stephen Moffit is a genious. And while Matt Smith is no David Tennant, he grew on me as season 5 progressed, and really comes into his own in season 6.
on 8 April 2013
A really enjoyable series, with a wonderful creepy baddy who is introduced in a cool original way, good performances at last by Karen Gillan and Matt Smith, some fantastic twists and revelations, including maybe the cheekiest revelation ever ( the last line of the series; spoilers!)
Super fun, and quite watchable if you never knew anything else about the show.