Customer reviews

Gears of War 3 - Steelbook Edition (Xbox 360)
Edition: Steelbook Edition|Change
Price:£9.99 - £99.99

on 6 February 2013
Its hard notto like Gears. I bought all three and played them all through. The only thing was it felt that in the story mode, there wasnt anything particularly new. I love the story and characters but there were no great new challenges that surprised me even if there might have been subtle improvements.

There could also have been more Coletrain too! ;)
on 16 September 2013
this is a old game now but good for playing multi player online with your friends lots of action great
One person found this helpful
on 15 December 2014
Simply the best Xbox 360 exclusive game ever. Absolutely enjoyed every bit off it. An epic climax to the series, it's just to bad the series went down because of the prequel, Judgement! Epic should have ended it with this! Order lots of food, go to the bathroom before playing, cause you won't be leaving the game until the credits roll!
on 21 February 2018
Great price and service for a great game.
on 10 August 2016
cole train is sexy and so is this game
on 26 March 2014
Great condition and matches the other special editions I have. Took a while to get here but worth the wait!
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2011
I've spent a lot of time on this over the past couple of days and it is unbelievable!

Great campaign mode with some interesting character progression and much better level design than Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360). Horde mode is better than ever as are the death matches and the addition of Beast mode is excellent. Graphics, music, voice acting and gameplay is all at the highest quality making GOW3 a definite top contender for game of the year 2011 for me and easily the best Xbox 360 exclusive release this year. This steelbook edition doesn't have any extra content (other than a couple of decorative stickers) but is a very smart design. I highly recommend this game.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2011
This game is phenomenal.

I am, and always have been a true GEAR. (gear is a soldier in the gears of war series) Well the series started from GOW1 (GEARS OF WAR 1) which it was partnered or affiliated with microsoft in some way or another, making a good reputable background even better, so you can rely on this game.

The story for me is a personal favourite of mine, my all time favourite games have been; GOW2, following it Assassins Creed & Fallout 3. I chose these because of their epic story line, and great plot twists. I prefer movies to games, and this game is like.. a movie to me, the story hooks & brings you right onto the battlefield of the gears of war.

As for the multiplayer, they have made a LOT of improvement, I must say this game is just plain excellent, the multiplayer now has team deathmatch ( a fav for most ) and my personal NEW favourite capture the leader, with plain and boring names it may seem, the gameplay is quite intense and there are never ANY slots left out so you can be assured you are ALWAYS playing some one, but beware the bots on this game have very intelligent AI systems, making them more like the player than ever.

Last but not least of the genuinly amazing game options are the horde mode. This has been revamped to the EXTREME. I myself having MW3 (not a fan of it) and it having a 'SURVIVOR' mode with guns, etc... favour the gears 'HORDE' mode over it. I loved the GOW2 horde, because of it's addictivity, me and my friends would always be a good team battling on the endless horde for hours of gameplay. The horde gameplay it self is amazing because, you gain cash for each kill /assist /whatever else earns you points and you spend that cash on your desired items (sentries, turrets, decoys, barriers, MECHASUITS, and lots more) which in turn gives you experience to that particular item, ranking it higher and giving you better options & upgrades.

As for the graphics, gears my game you have NEVER let me down. If you don't think they're good, go watch some 1080P youtube footage.

My conclusion is that gears is an all rounder game, for casual light gaming, hardcore nerd, competitive freaks, and the regular gamer. All except locust. I request to you to buy this game, and spend a great deal of time playing it.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 October 2011
Absolutely brilliant game, no complaints at all in any way, cannot fault it, and i normally hate over-shoulder shooters, BUY THIS GAME!!
One person found this helpful