on 13 June 2012
ordered this few days ago, it has been delivered a day earlier than estimated! nice. comes with a pouch to keep it in safely.

however 1 of the previous reviews states it came with a Sharpening Strop, which mine did not, although nowhere in the information does it say it's supposed to, so not sure how to judge that point.

the marble-effect handle is plastic and sandwich-built, meaning its 2 pieces pinned together, so there is some bend in the plastic, but the blade is not loose which is good.

overall for a total of £13 it's a good buy, however you should look into buying a Strop to go with it.

EDIT: now that i have the strop (purchased separately) its still not able to cut even arm hair. considering returning both items
on 6 March 2012
My dear old Dad used to use one of these razors, and at the age of 47, the curiosity finally got the better of me! So I purchased this model, which arrived promptly, and came with a sharpening strap. It certainly "does what it says on the tin", and is not for the faint hearted... Lets just say that my curiosity has been satisfied! Now I use it to score a "criss cross" on the skin and fat of the Sunday pork roast joint. A job it is frighteningly efficient for! (gonna stay with 21st century technology for shaving!) But hey, it DOES shave well.... Its just VERY unforgiving if you're not bloody careful! Feeling brave? GO FOR IT!
on 3 April 2014
I am, by no means, an expert, however I do have experience when it comes to shaving. My current razor has started to become rusty, so I was buying a replacement, either to do me until the other could be repaired, or to just keep. When I received this item, it came in a stylish leather case, however, I dare say the case cost more to produce than the blade itself.

the first thing I checked was the thumb nail test. The blade had no give in it, what-so-ever, which was worrying. After this, I tried it on some arm hair. It didn't do too badly at cutting, so I thought I would give it a go. After this, as I was closing the blade, the PLASTIC handle separated, and the blade travelled directly through, slicing my thumb deeply.

This immediately made me dispose of the blade, as this is not something I wish to shave with, if it falls apart from me simple trying to close it.

Would not recommend to a friend, family, or enemies.
on 3 December 2013
This items isnt worth the money. It arrived blunt and would have struggled to cut the skin on cold rice pudding.

Sharpening can be do but the steel is low grade and hard so takes more elbow grease than it should. Not shaved with it yet as still not happy with the edge. May never. Waste of money.
on 1 May 2013
Very prompt delivery, arriving one day before the estimated. The blade feels nice and even though the handle is plastic it feels durable and also came with a nice leather case.

Only downside so far is that it hasn't arrived sharp enough to shave even arm hair with. Hopefully the sharpening stone i ordered as well will change that.
on 5 May 2015
This product is of the poorest quality and I strongly advise that no-one purchase it for any reason. It is of such a poor quality it will fail to cut hair at all and will rust after any contact with water even after drying.
on 8 January 2014
And that's what I like about it. This is for people who like old fashioned straight cut razors. Sure you can find more modern variants if that's what you are looking for, but in this prize range this one is a good pick.
on 29 June 2014
Turning 39 recently made me think of the things I have yet to do before my 40th birthday; shaving the old fashioned way with a cut throat razor was one of them. Considering myself to be at least somewhat manly, I approached this with the Top Gear approved maxim "how hard can it be?" It had to be better than forking out a small second mortgage on replacement blades for the plastic handled, battery assisted Wilkinson Sword jobby with multiple blades, right? Certainly finding this an item was easy enough on Amazon - and being a brash northerner who lives in a town with a steelworks, I felt I should plump for a product that was made in Britain, rather than China.

Being a somewhat manly man (and the repetition of this fact is essential in both over-dramatizing this incident and putting to bed any thoughts that I might be too wimpy to wield such an item, so you don't think it's me and not the razor that is defective), I used forward planning to also purchase a whetstone in order that my razor would never be more than a few strokes away from being as sharp as... well... a razor...

The razor arrived in timely fashion, as did the shaving brush. The whetstone was annoyingly late (and even more annoyingly made in China - not that I have anything against China, per se, but you'd have thought people can find lumps of stone knocking around in England). Anyhow, the most annoying thing about the tardy arrival of the whetstone was that I needed it immediately, because this razor arrived in a somewhat blunt state. I had not expected this. I mean, sure, with being packaged and posted it might have lost a couple of percent of sharpness, but this razor had just become the least sharp thing I now own, including the shaving brush which I could not use for a couple of weeks until the whetstone turned up. Eventually, the whetstone was delivered (predictably whilst I was at work on the one day a week that the post office opens late, and we all know that you can't collect your own property from the post office on the day they've allegedly attempted to deliver it).

So when Saturday came around I picked up the whetstone and looked forward to my manly shave, which would occur when I had completed other manly tasks (such as shopping with the missus...). Now, to be clear, I am not the most technically gifted man on the planet. Again, I hark to the Top Gear legend Jeremy Clarkson when a job needs doing and usually grab the biggest hammer available. However, I realised that my lack of finesse might ought to be tempered with a smidgen of expert advice on the occasion of my inaugural use of a tool with the words "cut throat" in its name, so I looked up some "how to" stuff on t'internet. I even went as far as to check the correct technique for using a whetstone.

Feeling suitably swotted up, I set about the manly task of sharpening my razor whilst watching a World Cup game of football. Every few minutes, I began hopefully testing the blade against pieces of selotape, paper, loose bits of thread and other flimsy looking stuff around the house - or at least in reach without having to move too far from the TV. I took a half time break with the players, then continued sharpening the blade for the second 45minutes. The match went into extra time, then penalties... as did my sharpening. Eventually concluding that perhaps razors only really cut hair and skin (after all, I've never attempted to cut sellotape with my Wilkinson Sword - and why would I?), I buggered off to the bathroom and washed, lathered up (using the brush) and set about scraping my face with what soon turned out to be a razor that was too blunt to cut paper, sellotape, or human hair.

To be fair, it did quite a good job of removing the expensive shaving cream from my face, but my manly stubble remained unscathed. Unlike my skin. You see, it turns out that when you sharpen steel on a whetstone, a load of black stuff comes off and stains your face, the flannel, the towel and your bathroom suite. Obviously, I immediately rectified the bathroom suite by manfully cleaning the sink (before my lovely lady saw the mess) and set about continuing the job of further sharpening the razor, on one knee, with the whetstone on the towel to protect the bath from black marks.

At around the time I lost feeling in one foot and the opposite knee was burning, I decided that another trial was due and set about my face again. To be fair, I could have inspected the blade a little more closely before taking it to my face, but since the logo was wearing off, I figured I must have inflicted enough sharpening on the thing by now. Sadly, this resulted in a further waste of expensive shaving cream, some reddening of the skin (perhaps friction burns?) and further inadvertent blacking up. As I attempted to wash away the worst of it and my dodgy knee got a bit more achey and limpy, I looked more and more like I'd had the crap kicked out of me for blacking up - which would be fair enough if that's what I had been doing.

Since my fiancée was now a good hour into a film (which happily involved a lot of Mancs and Scousers shouting and swearing so masking my own contributions to the good work of the Northern Eloquence Society) I decided to get the plastic Wilkinson Sword razor (complete with multiple extortionately priced disposable razor blades) onto the job, cleaned the bathroom suite a bit more and gave it up as a bad job. This razor remains the least sharp thing I own (still including the now redundant shaving brush and whetstone) and for the sake of £11, I really can't be bothered with the post office returns system... Besides, my manliness demands that I get the hammer on the job and give it one last go... One day.. When I have time... After I've been to a barber and asked his advice...
on 27 December 2013
Probably one of the best shavers i have bought, one problem was the very tip of the blade bent slightly by dropping it, however stays sharp for along time.
on 9 June 2012
This product is good quality and just perfect, however although this is early days I believe this will last for a long time as long as it is cared for and looked after.