Customer reviews

Price:£4.99+ Free shipping

on 11 February 2012
I have a Morphy Richards espresso maker, and I normally descale with liquid Oust, which is also designed for kettles, irons, etc. It works, after a fashion. Recently I was stupid enough to let the machine's tank run dry, and I left it dry for 24 hours because I was in a rush and not thinking. As I live in a hard water area, the next time I tried to make coffee, nothing at all would come out. Just terrible noises and steam! Off I went to Poundworld, and bought some cheapo tablets, because they didn't sell Oust, and I was unaware that using these tablets could ruin my machine. Well, the tablet unblocked the machine, but when it came to rinsing, again nothing came out except an even worse set of noises! Found some Oust at the back of the cupboard, and tried that: Nothing.
Went online and realised that I'd probably ruined my machine. Was gutted. In desperation I ordered the above product, Coffee Machine descaler. It arrived the next day (thank you, Prime! ) and while I was waiting for it I tried taking the machine apart to clean the filter. Impossible. I really had given up hope, but when the bottle arrived I followed the instructions and poured it into the tank. Within seconds, I heard the RIGHT kind of noises, and and after a few flush-throughs with clean water, I had coffee too! I was vastly relieved to only have spent £6 instead of £60 on a cheap replacement machine.
£3 for a descale is very cheap, in hindsight, and I will use nothing else from now on!
on 21 July 2017
Bit pricy, seems work, took time, used have of bottle on 1 cup water boiler.
on 2 July 2013
I have used this in my Gaggia £400 espresso machine and it descales it perfectly. A bottle gives two doses so at the current price it's four times cheaper per application than the official Gaggia product! And I think it's just as good and, in fact, easier to use. I'm no chemist or engineer, just a simple coffee addict, but I recommend it.
on 22 December 2014
Excellent descaler. I was surprised just how quickly it got to work and cleaned off the scale around the end of the tap in a matter of two minutes and left the end of the tap just as good as new. Excellent product.
on 11 February 2012
Ordered this to descale my Tassimo and grudged the price of the Bosch tablets.

Easy to use and now my Tassimo is like new. Excellent.
on 19 July 2015
I didn't buy this descaler on Amazon but in a local shop. After 1 year of cleaning with this (125ml every time the red light came on to clean) my De longi had to be sent for repairs (€150) because the coffee didn't come out properly. Maybe I live in an ultra hard water area but I am disappointed to have to pay €150 after €10 each week (i do drink a lot) on this cleaner.
on 18 April 2012
Before I purchased this item my coffee machine was dripping out coffee very slowly. As I had had the machine (Magimix Nespresso)for a year I realised it must need descaling. After using this product, the machine is now behaving perfectly and I am very pleased I tried it. This product has been very efficient and I will use it regularly from now on.
on 20 March 2012
My Dolce Gusto coffee machine had stopped letting water through the nozzle due, it would seem, to the innards having become completely scaled up. I followed the instructions and I now have a working machine despite my reservations as to whether it would do the job.

As for measuring half a bottle, with reference to the person who said in a 3* review

>> But instructions are to use "half the bottle" and yet the bottle is not see through - so you have to guess. Does no one test these things first?? <<

Pour it into a measuring jug and pour half back into the container !!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 November 2010
The descaler did the job, is suitable for plastic (kettles, coffee machines etc) and sticking to the recommendation to run through 4 or 5 more litres of water 'as if' you were going to make a jug of coffee ensured there was absolutely no hint of odd taste residue when on go number 6 I DID make that cup of coffee.

I have seen some information somewhere that suggests you need to be sure that the descaler you use is suitable for your machine, otherwise it might damage it, but i do wonder if that isn't the equivalent of the coffee machine manufacturers (De Longhi in my case) trying to ensure you use their more expensive branded descaler, in the same way inkjet printers try to convince you your printer with end up irrevocably damaged unless you use THEIR branded product.

All I can say is that THIS product has left my De'Longhi ICM2B Filter Coffee Maker, 10 Cup purring in a sotto voce fashion with contentment, rather than with the slighly louder growl which indicated a scale and polish was needed!
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've just used this to descale a Gaggia coffee machine and it worked fine.

I've also used it on my Magimix M100 Nespresso machine and it really cleaned out the crud...

Bear in mind that this is half the price of the 'genuine' products and works well, I can happily recommend it.