Customer reviews

on 13 April 2017
Love it so far. Whole family joining in. The game is pretty straightforward but takes some thinking. Looking forward to more family time trying to solve every challenge. Both 11 year old and 8 year old are enjoying this.
Had a lovely note from the seller that really added to the purchase - thank you.
on 2 April 2017
Very good
on 22 September 2011
I found this an interesting if not frustating game with good graphics. For those who have played "The Lost Crown" it has its similarities with that game.Mr Winston Malgrave hires you as a private detective with a quest. You take a boat across to Malgrave Island. The island is deserted, a series of tasks have to be completed and puzzles solved to progress.Spooky music does tend to get a little annoying but it certainly gives an atmosphere. If you like games that challenge the mind together with a sense of adventure and menace you will enjoy this game.
on 25 June 2014
We bought this as a family mystery game to do over the Christmas period and really enjoyed the challenges, especially the item-spotting bits which all age groups enjoyed and we were sad when we completed the game - which took us a week or so, playing in the evenings with one person in charge of the remote and everyone working together to solve the clues. It's a shame there are not more of this style game around instead of all the boring shooting games!
on 2 February 2012
I bought this game on the wii as I absolutely love and am addicted to the professor layton games on the DS. I was trying to find something similar for the wii and this is the first game I had found which offered something similar. The game overall was really good and has kept me entertained/occupied for a couple of months - please note that my time is limited so I am not on the wii nightly - my husband completed the whole game in 3 days but that was playing for about 8 hours a day.

At times the game felt a little slow, but I enjoyed the hidden objects aspects and really enjoyed the frustration of the puzzles. Unlike Professor Layton there is no explanation or clue as to how to solve the puzzle. You have to work out what you've got to do and then solve it. I liked the additional challenge.

The end was a bit disappointing if I'm honest. . .and I was disappointed that the adventure part of this wii game is only available in single player mode. There are multiplayer options but this operates on more of a mini game challenge.

I would definitely recommend this game to people who like hidden object games and puzzles.
on 6 November 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. Some parts got the old brain cells working overtime to work out where to go next. Good twist at the end of the game, had a good laugh at what happened to Winston. Shame game was rather short, but would buy another one in the series if came out on.
on 20 October 2015
Part puzzle, part hidden object game with also a multiplayer option for the hidden object area. The game itself is quite clever, requires you to find a series of postcards, some items within a picture, as well as find items to be able to work out puzzles to progress in the game. The multiplayer option is good for all ages with speed options, point options etc. Great value for money if you buy it used.
on 31 May 2013
Awesome game and amazing storyline with unique adventure style, but a tad short with limited replay value except for the extra areas which are unlocked. Also, you end up with unused items which cannot be used anywhere giving the feeling that the programmers missed something?? Other than that, a great point and click adventure game well worth the look!
on 5 February 2012
Found this game really additive. We are up till 3 o'clock in the morning playing from 8 o'clock the night before. Wanting to get the next incident found. I recommend this to all who like a good mystery game.
on 7 January 2015
Very decent hidden object game. Keep my girlfriend busy for a good 12-15 hours over the Christmas period, whilst I had to work. Thought that was pretty good value as I was expecting it to be a bit shorter. Would recommend.