A Creature I Don't Know
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 June 2013
I've only started listening to Laura Marling. I bought her 'I Speak Because I Can' and thought it was excellent. I immediately wanted to listen to more and checked to see what she had released more recently. I was delighted to see that she had released 'I was an Eagle'. I promptly downloaded and took great joy listening to it over the last two weeks. I downloaded 'A Creature I don't Know' yesterday and have listened to it a few times and think it is one of Ms Marling's most beautiful creations. I'm now a huge fan and can't wait to see what the future holds. I'm also hoping to see her live and plan on getting a hold of everything she has ever released. I regret only realising the existence of this incredible artist as late as I have.
on 22 August 2012
I purchased this double CD after reading an article in HiFi News stating the sound quality was excellent for CD, it is. The studio CD is a very nice collection of songs folk/rock or country/rock, some with an acoustic air. For me it's a grower, some of the recordings are very pleasing on the ear. I have not listened to the LIVE Cd as yet, but it seems to duplicate the songs on studio CD. I suspect it may be even better?
on 12 January 2014
I already had the original single cd version of ACIDK, but when I heard about the double disc copy, including live at York Minster, I hesitated a bit then decided to buy it, and am pleased I did, I just like the different range of songs in one playlist. The downside - like so many live recordings - it still lacks the 'chat between songs' element.
on 21 July 2012
I am not going to bore folk to death like some folk (audiophiles) do but I will say this is one of the best albums I have heard in years (along Laura's other two albums) it is simply sublime!
If you think you don't like folk music then you have never listened to Laura Marling...Folk music BUT not as you know it!
on 9 September 2013
I bought this on the back of a review i heard on the radio and I'm so pleased I did. Some gently folky accoustic tracks with some fantastic grungy guitar and drum backed tracks that give this album a huge contrast - I really recommend this to anyone.
on 27 January 2013
This is a little darker than Laura Marling's other albums but still great. In it I hear traces of Leonard Cohen and Bert Jansch to name a few. I prefer her previous album to this one and I think it's too different to Alas I Cannot Swim to compare them. Nonetheless it's a good album.
on 15 April 2018
Beautiful album from Laura. Would recommend.
on 19 February 2015
heard fer on BBC4 brilliant, well worth a listen to all of them
on 1 December 2016
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 February 2012
I bought this as a gift.
My wife loves it!
Great sound from Laura Marling in this her third release, consolidating her position as an outstanding performer with a mellow folk style.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse