on 11 August 2015
No wonder so many millions of people love St Therese! Her account is so inspiring & you get to know her, how she felt & thought. She is really lovely. Her little way is so achievable too, not all of us manage major things but anyone can do the little things with great love. I had the amazing chance to visit her beautiful Basilica in Lisieux a few times, which is in Normandy France - a really beautiful region. We came away with tears in our eyes, having felt so close to her. She loves like someone really with you, like a loving sister. Lisieux was a great place to visit, friendly, we felt so at home. This might sound crazy but when we left and before going we saw a giant x in the sky made by airplane contrails. We accepted it to be a kiss from St Therese. It happened a good few times. I wouldn't put it past her to do something like that as she is soooo sweet!.
10 people found this helpful
on 2 June 2017
Devotional writing by St Therese, letters, reflections and poetry. Perhaps I was looking for something more. Lovely lessons in humility and suffering but overall I guess just I must have missed something. May read again in a year or so.
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 20 July 2017
Excellent! Haven't quite finished reading it but it is very inspiring.
on 19 March 2016
If you want your soul to be at peace read this book. It is written in simple language but full of love.
on 17 May 2017
A brilliant little book in which you cannot help but be inspired by the little way and of consecration your life to His tender merciful love
on 13 December 2012
Although I have read this book before, it is still a very important book in my spiritual reading. I would recommend it to anyone who has never looked at the life of St Therese before-they will find many helpful insights to help with their own spiritual development.
9 people found this helpful
on 17 December 2017
A pleasure to read the actual words and thoughts, feelings of a saint, holiness personified, such suffering too. Very interesting to read and Teresa has a wonderful way with words.
on 13 December 2014
As a Catholic this is more than what I hoped for.
Her life has brought a new depth to my faith and
taught me simple but enormous truths about how to give myself to Christ.
For any non Catholics this will reveal everything you could want to understand about the Catholic
approach to Christianity.
4 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2016
Reading this again. Enjoying it so much. Making notes and using it as a reference book. Inspiring and informative.
on 11 February 2017