Customer reviews

Love it
on 3 September 2013
Good
on 15 January 2012
One star for an astonishing omission NO SUBTITLES.

Just loved the first series, and was able to because of the addition on subtitles. Being hard of hearing or deaf is not restricted to older folk to whom maybe the powers that be thought were not their target audience. PLEASE Amazon shout it from the rooftops when a title does not have subtitles, rather than having to trawl through the details looking for this information. In short, subtitles for series 1, none for series two, I mean "what's that all about" I can almost hear Karl saying ( if I could )
on 6 October 2012
Well I really looking forward to this one. First series literally left me laughing out loud [and believe me, I very rarely do that] so I put the second series in with a beer ready and...no subtitles could be found. I was gutted and actually threw the tv remote at the tv [had a bad day] I have now sent emails to several contacts who were involved in Idiot Abroad and had no reply. Guess I'll try Ricky next!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 February 2014
There are few things that will cause me to laugh out loud when I am in a room on my own - this is truly the exception to the rule.

Every episode has had a moment that has caused me to roar with laughter to the point of tears rolling down my face - just brilliant.

Karl's spontaneous wit and dry humour are magical and the editing of the series brings out the best in the humour.

The show also plays on your emotions. On the one hand you think 'lucky bugger, off around the world for free', then you think, 'what has Ricky got the poor sod doing this time?'

Just fabulous and even better than the first series!
on 4 December 2011
I wont give anything away but this is the best comedy ever. especially episode 8 of the dvd, something happens that left me laughing for hours. The rest of the series is awesome as always
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Karl Pilkington is on great form in this second series of An Idiot Abroad. After the brilliant first series, there was always the fear that a second series would not work as well. But there was nothing to fear because this is a very enjoyable series.
In series one Karl had been sent to see the seven wonders of the world. This time he has to choose a bucket list of things he would do before he would die.
Predictably things are not quite what they seem and Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant have surprises in store for Karl.
Its interesting seeing the places Karl goes to. And it is equally interesting seeing the things he does. And it is very, very funny in places. Karl is naturally funny and the series is a joy to watch. I had to pause the DVD a few times because I found it so funny. There are even funny things in the extra special features.
Unlike series one, there are no subtitles or audio description for the hard of hearing or blind on this DVD set.
This series is easily as good as the first and by the end of it I wished there was more. Therefore I hope there will me further series in the future.
This is a very entertaining and funny series. Excellent.
on 7 January 2012
I was quite surprised at all the rave reviews here without criticism. Perhaps I made the mistake of viewing both disks over two days. It was very much the same formula as the last series (undergraduate, practical joke humour) although they keep on saying it is not. It is mostly funny but repetitive.
There are some negatives however. The first is the background Steptoe and Son style music followed by a sound track that reminded me of an old television's children's programme sound -track or perhaps it was more like a 1950's comedy - much the same thing really. I thought this was off-putting and taking the viewer as somewhat of a plonker - which is what they appear to think anyway. Why do we need this music anyway - perhaps to keep us awake - before Gervais and Marchants' material was thankfully free of it. The other was the `prostate scene' which was totally unethical and I think if that is a genuine doctor he should be reprimanded. It was almost certainly a set-up but as it pretends it was not, it sends a signal out that your `friends' can secretly film a medical procedure for laughs - hardly friends are they? Or perhaps the good - promoting males to get themselves checks - supersedes the law,
All in all an entertaining series with the annoying caveats above. Karl has my vote and I hope he was paid a mint for it. Some lovely filming made it excel in this area.
on 13 November 2011
With the series finale just recently I think it's fair to say this series was just as good as the first, he didn't know much about what he was doing to be honest (eg. when Ricky and Steve changed swimming with dolphins to sharks, and the cuddle party etc.) but it was equally as funny to see him say no to things such as the bungee jump, especially when he lies straight to Ricky and ends up owing £2500.
I think this is a must-buy DVD to add to the collection, whether you've seen it on TV or not - Karl Pilkington is one of the funniest men alive, he just doesn't quite know it yet. :)
33 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse