on 17 December 2016
Please excuse my language its Bloody brilliant. I ordered it Friday 16th December came today first thing this morning Saturday 17th December it was only 50p more for next day delivery bargain. and my 7 month old puppy and my 19th month puppy are nearly getting the hang of it. It was well worth every penny and I would recommend to any dog owner(s). I do not agree with reveiews I read on a different site that neighbours of dog owners should be buying them to control a neighbours dog(s) as they are not their dogs. But yes a fantastic product but it doesnot come with the 2 x AA batteries make sure you have some.
on 18 August 2016
We have a very good natured, but very excitable 5 year old cocker spaniel which barks annoyingly when in the garden. No amount of telling-off would stop the barking and we were concerned about annoyance to neighbours, so thought we'd give this BarkStopper a try. The very first time I used it I got instant reaction, and silence from the dog which then immediately run to my side. To say the least I was amazed!! This has been the same reaction over the course of a few days, and after just those few days the barking has stopped. Having read other customer reviews I had mixed feelings as to its effectveness, but the result has been amazing. I've tried it indoors when she barks at the postmans arrivel - same reaction!!. The BarkStopper has my vote - 100% success.
on 27 February 2018
Get in! Can't believe this thing works so well! Pointed it at my hysterical dogs and they shut up immediately! They bark like mad whenever they see me put my coat on and the racket is deafening and stressful, especially when I know my (very kind and patient) elderly neighbour can hear them barking in his bedroom. I do worry that when he's no longer with us I might get a less understanding neighbour and it's imperative that I get their barking under control.

When they bark, all I do is say 'No barking' and point the bleeper at them - they shut up immediately and walk backwards! After the first two or three goes, their noise is now under control and I only have to pick it up for them to go quiet. By their second walk of the day they were just standing mildly by the door waiting for me to clip their leads on! Unbelievable result! Really didn't expect it to actually work but, amazingly, it does! Fantastic product!
on 25 July 2016
WE HAVE 3 DOGS WHO LOVE BARKING AT THE SLIGHTEST NOISE. WHEN ONE STARTS THE OTHERS JOIN IN TO SHOW SOLIDARITY. WE KNEW THE BARK STOPPER WOULDN'T BE AN INSTANT FIX, AS THEY CAN BE BARKING IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE HOUSE AT ONCE. HOWEVER I AM PLEASED TO REPORT THAT WE HAVE SEEN A NOTEABLE DIFFERENCE TO HOW QUICK THEY STOP BARKING.IF WE AIM IT AT THE RING LEADER AND GET THAT ONE TO STOP THEN THE OTHERS QUICKLY FOLLOW SUIT. WE AS A FAMILY JUST HAVE TO STAY CONSISTENT NOW AND I AM SURE IN THE NEAR FUTURE WITH THE HELP OF BARKSTOPPER WE WILL GET THE OBEDIENCE WE HAVE BEEN TRYING ACHIEVE FOR OVER TWO YEARS.
on 30 September 2017
I waited a few months before posting this to give it a fair review & usage.
The annoying dog in question is my neighbour's Jack Russell. As soon as they go out it barks constantly in their garden.
Pointing the device at the dog from an open bedroom window had no effect - 20 feet is too far for the device.
Holding the device just above the 6 foot high fence and pointing in the dogs general direction had the desired effect - at first. The dog would immediately run indoors (it has a dog flap). However now the dog will just get angry and bark at the device making more noise than ever (started doing this after two weeks). I just wish I could crank up the volume!!
I believe these types of devices are breed dependent and are not suited for this one.
on 16 October 2015
It didn't work for our pup.
We have a 6 month old puppy. She was very interested in the audible noise indoors but it makes her excited and she thinks it's a toy so try's to play with it. The audible noise outside i guess just sounds like a bird and she's not fussed at all. She didn't show any reaction to the ultrasonic sound. I struggled getting the battery case back on and had to bang it against the kitchen worktop (not ideal). It's also pretty bulky for two buttons. No one likes carrying more than they have to on a dog walk. The audible noise is quite loud so could be useful to use when walking alone in the dark if that sort of thing makes you nervous. Sending back today for a refund.
on 22 February 2018
I’ve given this five stars because it worked like a dream on my Labrador. He could hear it and knew I was in control of it and would immediately stop the unwanted behavior and come to me when he heard the ultrasonic noise. It really did work like a dream. HOWEVER it has had no effect on any other dog I’ve tried it on! It seems certain dogs are sensitive to this noise and others either don’t hear it or it doesn’t bother them. For clarity I tried it on another Labrador, a springer and various mixed breeds to no avail.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 February 2015
I was a bit dubious about purchasing one of these because I wasn't sure it would work and nor did I want to distress any animals using it. Well I needn't have worried. I press it briefly when I hear my neighbours dog bark, he stops barking nods up and down as though to say where was that coming from. He's not distressed or upset. It has worked too - no barking in the middle of the night now and less in the day. Timing is everything though, you want the dog to associate the sound with when it is barking so should only be used when the dog is making a noise and stop immediately it is quiet. I am quite amazed at how effective it has been.

My own dog and cat don't seem overly perturbed when I use it either, but then that is as little as possible and as a training aid only.
on 21 September 2016
Not impressed. The dog takes no notice of the ultrasonic sound and acts as if there is no sound. The 'loud audible sound' is more of a mild chirp and doesnt get her attention either. I thought at first it was the batteries so i changed them without any noticeable difference. Waste of money. Ill keep trying but so far dont think this device works anything like as well as the one i had 15 years ago. And the technology is supposed to have moved on since then!
on 25 December 2015
I bought this for an annoying neighbour's dog. It works so well that the dog stopped barking from the time it was delivered, I didn't even have to take it out the box. So I lent it to a friend who told me her neighbour got a dog that started barking and keeping her up at night. I lent it to her but told her I couldn't vouch for it personally as I hadn't had a chance to use it but according to Amazon reviews it should work well. She came back to me saying that every time her neighbour's dog started barking in the garden late at night, she opened the window on bottom floor and pressed the button and the dog stopped barking. At first she thought it might had been a coincidence but after repeated use and repeated success she's convinced it works. Hence 5 stars
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse