on 3 June 2017
Delivered promptly. Value for money
on 3 April 2017
Good product but the outer case was badly scratched - looked second hand.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Useful little charger which allows you to charge up to two USB devices simultaneously (via two separate USB sockets on its top) - either from the internal battery or via the mains while the internal battery is recharging. I use it to charge my iPod Touch and iPhone together. The wall plug can be disconnected and it's quite pocketable in size. About the size of a packet of cigarettes. It also has a button on the front to indicate charge from 1-3 bars.

My criticism? At 1,800mAh capacity however, I have to say that it falls somewhat short of what should be possible for a unit this size - my PowerMonkey is rather smaller, and has 2,200mAh capacity. However, the PowerMonkey will only charge one item at a time, and it also requires a separate charge adapter which the Duracell charger does not - so horses for courses.

Don't expect it to charge your iPhone from flat to 100%, but it will probably extend its battery life by 50% when you need it in an emergency - which is what most people need.

Handy item - recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 14 December 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The portable phone (or USB) charger seems to be a fairly new innovation, the premise being that it's something that you can use to charge up your phone, Kindle or MP3 player when the battery's running low, and you're not near a power socket. I've had this for a few weeks, and it's already proved to be invaluable, notably on a long train journey where my carriage didn't have plug sockets as normal. The charger roughly charged my iPhone to about 60% in a very short time, and thus meant that I could keep myself entertained during my much-delayed jouney.

So, the plus side - can extend battery life for your phone or USB device simply and quickly. The down side - well, firstly it's rather heavy, but I suppose that's to be expected for it to have a battery that will retain and dispense a fair amount of charge. The other main down side is simply one's memory - it's no good if you a) don't have it with you, or b) have forgotten to charge the charger. But, assuming you're organised enough to remember to do this, then it's a great buy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 October 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
About the size of many smart phones and a little smaller than some, it contains a higher capacity lithium ion battery pack than is found in the supported devices.

Provided with both UK and Continental plug adapters, which are removable when not actually in use, a short USB lead fitted with a standard A-Type connector to connect to the device and a micro-USB connector at the other. With appropriate adapters, it could be used where either connector is not the standard, Australia for example. Also provided is a micro-USB female-to-male adapter which is slightly less broad than the fixed alternative. This may fit some phones etc when the other will not. For iPods, iPhones and anything else that does not use micro-USB but is still has some sort of USB charge lead, you can use that and still recharge your device.

The device out of the packing needs about a 3-hour charge time to reach full capacity and up to 5 hours thereafter. Charging is indicated by three parallel LEDs which also come into use when recharging a phone or other device. Although not guaranteeing a complete recharge of whatever device needs power, it will enable some usage at least. Although not promoted as such, it may be able to recharge some cameras.

The one thing that is not provided, considering the numerous sometimes quite small accessories, is some sort of storage pouch - an absolute essential, in my view. Wit5h this small oversight, it would be a perfect combination. Without it, a 1/2 star demotion is probably appropriate.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 October 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Because this handy kit comes with 2 universal fittings I found it fit every single phone that my family have, but also my Sony ereader, my camera and my husbands PSP. I like that they supply you with the European plug extension as well as the British one. The usb connection is a must as you can use this in a car that has a usb connection so I could also charge up not just my phone or MP3 player but also my ereader and my hubby's PSP.

The down side is the usb cable is very short (10")(12" if you count the connectors on both sides) so you either have to hold the item you are charging or leave it to dangle if your sockets are not low but high and in the car the USB connection is usually just below the CD player so you phone etc just hangs, which isnt good at all.

I would use this when I was going abroad, but closer to home I take my laptop so I would just take the cable and fittings, which can be bought much cheaper. So while the concept is a good one the price is a little to steep for me.
on 10 December 2011
Great product with 1800mAH battery, but cheaper at Argos - 546/8269 £19.99 - works great with Nokia N8, MiFi, iPhone, Sony eReader.
66 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 25 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I own a Blackberry which runs out of battery regularly. This Duracell portable USB charger is very handy as I am out and about a lot due to work. I just need to charge up the device (usually on Sunday) and pop it into my bag which I always have with me. One 5 hour charge has been enough to >75% recharge my almost dead phone between two and three times. It means I am okay for the whole week.

On the down side it is quite clunky and would be brilliant if it were smaller. Still, 4 out of 5 which is pretty good.
VINE VOICEon 16 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this because i'm sick of getting on a train/bus/plane and listening to my music on my phone, only for it to die halfway through my fave song. Sometimes you might forget to charge it up in the night/morning and your phone dies on the way to whereever you are going. Music can help you while away the travelling blues, so when your phone dies, apart from people not being able to contact you, the uncomfortable silence can bring on the travel blues and then boredom sets in. So thank god for this new gadget. What you do is charge this for a few hours,takeit with you on the mode of transport you use and when your phone dies, just plug in the right adaptor for your style of phone and leave to charge for a about 30 mins. Then you can use your phone while it is charging. It's basically a wireless phone charger but hey isn't that better than being a long wire plug charger, of course it is. If any of this happens to you then get this. Another gold gadget from Duracell.
on 5 December 2011
I'm on the move for work on a very frequent basis and being unable to use my smartphone after it has drained its battery is a huge frustration! Thanks to this Duracell gadget I can recharge it on the fly, in an airplane/taxi/train - wherever! Just plug it in a wall socket at the office or in the hotel and I'm guaranteed to be able to use my phone for a few more hours :-)
Highly recommended!!