on 10 November 2015
I get through mice and more so keyboards quite quickly. I've used a different brand mouse for a while but quality has gone down whilst price has gone up. Saw this on Deal of the Day and looks identical - apart from price!

Initial impressions are good. One point that makes it stand iut are the "feet" that slide over desktop. They are much larger on this mouse which makes for a more stable operation. You do get a bit more to clean though but dust and muck just come of quickly using usual baby wipes.

Time will tell quality and performance wise but so far looking good.

Update 24/04/2016: Just replaced the original Amazon Basics batteries that came with mouse. This seems to be quite short life, have put in another brand, we'll see how long they last.

Update 19/07/2016 Replaced batteries again. Very high battery consumption, replacing every 3 months. Time I think to look for an alternative. Star Rating reduced to account for this.

Update 5-9-2016 Batteries lasted less than 2 months.Getting more expensive to run than any other mouse I've owned. Reverted to old plug in mouse for time being.
on 29 August 2012
This mouse is the perfect size for me. Thankfully the main part is matte black, rather than the often encountered shiny finish that shows up dust and fingerprints.

It worked right out of the box, except after a minute or two the cursor started wobbling around on its own. This turned out to be a conflict with my still connected wired mouse. Something to be aware of.

In use, the mouse works a treat with buttons that click nicely without being hard work to press. I've had fancier ones in the past, with various extra buttons and features - but never really used them.
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 January 2013
Fantastic easy to use and set up. Similar price to Logic mouse in Tesco. Not as premium feel as Logic. Haven't used Logic so can't really compare. This has long range 2 meter approx. Avoid cheap Chinese ones on eBay. They only have a range of 50 cm so you can only use while sitting next to your laptop so defeats the purpose of having a wireless mouse.

Nice smooth velvet feel top and nice scrolling wheel. Very responsive. This has a small/ nano usb plug inside. Stick the usb adaptor in the laptop and switch on the mouse and hey presto. Off you go.

Mouse will automatically install required drivers if you are using vista/ windows 7/ or 8 etc.

Only negative is that the plastic rim around the edge- shiny black plastic feels a bit cheap. Easily gets scuff marks. Hence 4 star but definitely worth buying of you want a good reliable product and not mess about with returning cheap rubbish alternatives from eBay like I've had to.
on 1 May 2016
First of all it is a good buy I bought this with the mouse pad as you could buy them both together for £13.99. When my mouse pad and mouse came I was looking for the mouse receiver in the box and could not find it and then I thought what is this inside my mouse and found the nano receiver in the mouse which is very handy and very smart and clever as you got somewhere to store your receiver when it is not in use or when you are travelling with your laptop. It comes with Amazon Basics batteries I didnt even know till now that Amazon even did batteries with their own brand which is very essential and handy and I'm glad that batteries came included. It is a very simple mouse, it has a on and off switch which my previous mouse did not have a on and off switch which due to this one having an on/off switch that will save me battery life, it also comes with frustration free packaging which is very handy as with some products you end up tearing up the box if you haven't got the patients lol. However great value, do not hesitate to buy. Cheap, small and it does the job and is pretty simple! The mouse is perfect size for me I'm glad the main part of the mouse is matte black rather than the often encountered shiny finish that shows up dust and fingerprints! It is well built and a quality feel, I shall be defiantly buying some more Amazon basics products! I recommend! & if you need a mouse pad while ordering this buy them both together like how I did and buy them both for £13.99 which is a bargain in my eyes! Thank you Amazon Basics for making such quality products within an affordable price range, shall be buying many more products from Amazon basics! I am also a prime Amazon customer so I get delivery quicker rather than what a standard customer would get. Amazon prime is also amazing!
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 January 2015
A couple of days ago I made the stupid mistake of buying a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, Mouse and Numeric Pad Set. I say stupidly because I didn't fully read the first review for that product which was awarded five stars. If I'd read the review fully I would have seen the bit where he said "...the numeric keyboard is also a complete waste for me - straight in the bin together with the mouse". So there I was stuck with the most stupidly large "ergonomic" mouse that I couldn't live with.

I already own an AmazonBasics 3-Button USB Optical Mouse which I truly believe is the best mouse ever - incredibly cheap and excellent. The thing was, I needed a wireless mouse. So I've just taken delivery of my Amazon Basics wireless mouse and really wish I'd not wasted my money on the ergonomic Microsoft thing. This Amazon mouse is excellent. Just the right size and not too heavy, using two AAA batteries.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 17 February 2018
Really disappointed in several ways.
I bought this to replace a cheap Chinese import mouse, which turns out to be much better than this. This is also a rebadged Log i tech from what I understand. There products are usually good. This is terrible.
The pointer speed is really slow.
The mouse itself is absolutely tiny. This appears to be for a small child,as I only have small to medium hands and find this WAY too small.
Returned for a refund within a few minutes of use.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 June 2013
I've always prided myself on being able to do without a mouse but the trackpad on my new Toshiba laptop proved intransigent so I had to bite the bullet and buy one. This has proved a surprisingly good choice and I love the compact size with the nano receiver cunnningly hidden in the mouse itself for easy transport. Hey, I might even take it on holiday. It worked straight out of the box and transfers from PC to Macbook without a hitch. If I have to use a mouse, this one is perfect.
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 August 2012
My first ( Microsoft) wireless mouse was a clunky ,bulky affair where the receiver was as big as the mouse , trailed form a USB port and the mouse had to be "docked" - ie placed on the receiver station when not in use - looked like two mating rodents - who kept falling off. Battery ran down quickly as no on off switch....

This latest Amazon offering by contrast has

A very neat receiver which can be left in a USB port ( only slight risk is losing it if it is not left docked in a USB port as it is so small)
An on off/ switch on the mouse which conserves the AAA batteries used in the mouse ( you get a free set with the product initially)
A simple "signal relocator" button on the mouse in case the receiver loses the signal
An easy , light mouse action.
Better than basic I would say
It was a bonus that it came free when I bought aSamsung RF711 17.3-inch Laptop (Black) (Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)
I will be reviewing this and the SSD ( hard drive) Samsung SSD 830 2.5inch SATA III 6GBps 256GB Notebook Accessory Kit with Free Norton Ghost 15 separately
on 19 July 2017
I bought this AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse to go with an Acer Chromebook, which I use mainly when travelling. I have always found the touch pad difficult to manipulate so I tended to use the plug in Dell mouse that came with my desktop some years ago. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, which was very frustrating and meant I often had to go back to the touch pad which I was never comfortable with. I'm happy to report that this new Wireless Mouse worked straight out of the box and is so much easier.
on 9 March 2013
Sits nicely in my large hands which is unusual, I usually prefer Track Ball Mouse from Logitech but I like this one, maybe that's why I bought 3 :) my sister now has one and my Nephew.

The tiny Nano receiver works very well and to my surprise also works with Logitech receivers as well.
Not sure about battery life as yet but there is a handy on/off switch underneath it.Also being able to store the Nano receiver in the battery compartment is a bonus, they often get lost otherwise.

One point to note, when you insert the batteries make sure you push the batteries down at the edge of the batteries nearest to you looking down at the mouse from underneath, as they have to fully engage (you'll see what I mean).

The mouse pointer is very sensitive which is great and works on any surface even on my armchair's armrest.

Summary: Worth every penny, good little mouse, a must if your fed up of track pads on Laptops and or as a spare or for traveling .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse