on 30 August 2016
Only worth reading if you're planning on reading the whole trilogy. SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FILMS.
on 5 May 2015
After watching the film I decided to read the book as there is always so much more detail in a book that can't be portrayed in a film and I wasn't disappointed. This isn't the usual kind of book I would go for but I enjoyed it so much I am already onto book two.
on 17 March 2012
Whilst I did enjoy The Hunger Games, I found I was only semi-interested in reading this book. It was not until the games finally began, which was when it really had me hooked! So much so in fact, that I read the rest of the book in a few sittings!

Without going into any spoilers, I thought that the ending of the story was a letdown, being disappointing and anti-climatic compared to the intensity of the games themselves.

I must say that if I had not been recommended to read this book, and I just read this book on my own whim, I would have not continued into the other books in the trilogy. I am told however, that these books are much better so I will probably end up giving them a read regardless!
on 7 January 2013
This third instalment provides a decent end to an excellent story, though not as captivating as the first two it still provides a thrilling ride to follow Katniss along. A decent story throughout with a few twists, some predictable and some not, means it still proves difficult to put down. The very ending is perhaps the better portion of the book - it does not play up to expectations of how characters will have their stories closed, instead runs with a more 'realistic ' closing chapter, maybe not to every readers taste but ties up the trilogy well, without the sticky sweet typical happy ending. Impressive overall trilogy and a definite recommended read.
on 31 January 2014
I enjoyed this book so much. I could not put it down. It was written so well I found myself absorbed by it. Almost obsessed. I wanted to know how it ended so much but now I know I'm sad it's finished not because it ended badly, the complete opposite but sad because it's finished. Can't wait for Mockingjay the Movie!!!!!!!!!
on 14 July 2016
really enjoyed this one and Katniss is growing on me found her annoying in first book.
on 28 April 2015
I just loved these novels from start to finish, I am 55 years old and they kept me entertained so they do suit all ages. Great story lines and lessons to be learnt.
on 23 October 2013
I was totally hooked from beginning to end! Although I found some moments predictable they way it was written I couldn't wait to read on to see what happened! It seemed to be over rather quickly however that just made me want to read the next one!
on 19 November 2012
There is a lot of drama and action in the whole trilogy. You should have read the first two books before reading this. I know it's supposed to be a children's book but it's quite dark. My husband and I read all 3 books back-to-back, great trilogy. I felt the ending was a bit rushed but on the whole, an excellent read.
on 21 September 2012
Fantastic end to the trilogy. And it had a 'proper' ending where you find out what happens to all the characters - no loose ends. This book takes you through every emotion - fear, laughter, shock, sadness and quite a few tears. Good to read a trilogy of books for children that doesn't hold back on the brutality that's in the world. Definitely a favourite and highly recommend all three books.
|11 Comment|Report abuse