Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.74

on 13 March 2012
This is Lucy D's second book on infidelity. 'Any way you want me `focused on what it is like as the cheater and 'over you' flips this and explores what it is like to be the one who is cheated on.

Josie, Nell and Lisa are meeting up for the first time in years. Josie is a loving wife and mother who adores her family and although craves the fun single life could bring she is comfortable and settled. Desperate for child number 2 she is determined to expand her perfect family further, but how far will she push for it? Nell is the resident globe trotter. She has been around the world and back and seen some amazing sights, but now she is back is she happy? Lisa is a career woman. She has no time for men or children as she is 100% focused on becoming the best but at what cost? The weekend was over all too soon and the girls go back to their lives, but with big secrets uncovered some lives flourish while others get significantly worse.

It's hard to review this book in all its glory as I will be giving far too much away but it mainly centres on secrets and friendship. I would read both books in close concession as it is nice to see the differences between being the cheater and the cheated on and although they are two separate stories, Lucy portrays them both amazingly. Would highly recommend.
on 22 November 2010
Where to start with this book?
This is a strange book for me to say whether l loved it or not, the blurb l feel basically tells the story and find it pretty cliche for the rest of the book. I therefore didn't connect greatly with the story line, feeling like l was just reading a pretty plain storyline that didn't ever have me gripped or unable to put the book down. It's the sort of book you would read if wanted a easy going book to read while you have a lot on your mind or are busy and can only read in small sections, l don't think this is the sort of book you would want to sit and read a big chunk of in one go.
However l thought this book was written in a way where even though it was pretty predictable all the way through l still connected to the main character, Josie and therefore found l enjoyed this book.
on 28 July 2015
The three main characters, Josie, Nell and Lisa have been friends since their 20's, however as their lives changed they drifted apart. Josie married, Lisa is focused on her career, while Nell is the drifter of the group. However when Josie's marriage comes to and end, her friends rally round, only for Josie to discover Lisa has had an affair with her husband and that she has feelings for Nell's brother. As Josie struggles to put her life together again, old friendships fade and new ones are formed, and I mentally cheered Josie on as she made a new and successful life for herself.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2008
I read Over You in just two days. I found myself unable to put it down... I was completely lost in the world Lucy D created.

There's something so fresh and clear about Lucy's style of writing that made me smile with delight that this wasn't just another run of the mill chick lit novel.

It explores how important friendships are and how devestating betrayal is when it involves the people you trust the most.

Although this didn't make me cry (unlike Lucy D's first novel, Any Way You Want Me, which I cried buckets with) I did feel like I really cared for all the characters. The characters are so startlingly frank - I loved them! And that's thanks to Lucy's wonderfully honest style of writing.

I can't wait for Lucy's next offering as her books just keep getting better and better.
on 16 July 2016
Life isn't always smooth but I think this book shows a very real side of how despair at a relationship,can turn into hope for the future. It also made me realise that we all need to make an effort when relationships are worth saving....
on 25 January 2015
I did like this story enough to finish reading it, although it had annoying italics throughout especially on the word voice lol!
Ignoring the grammar, I did like the story, but it wasn't my favourite of Lucy Diamond
on 13 April 2009
Over You is a perfect book to escape with. From the start you're swept away with the characters and want to know what happens to them. You know where you are with it and nothing jars or snags. However saying that it is written in a fresh and modern voice. Lucy has a knack of putting her finger on now. And her characters could be any one of us or our friends.
Highly recomended.
on 14 October 2013
I really enjoy Lucy Diamond books and this is no exception. I loved the characters and felt so sorry for Josie and got a real sense of the betrayal and rejection she felt. I like Nell as the whirlwind friend and I like the way the twins are portrayed. Their childish characterisation gives the novel an extra dimension showing that despite what Josie has went through she must still be a good mother, and then once the twins are put to bed you can nearly hear Josie breathing a sigh of relief that she can safely feel whatever way she wants to.

Only negative is the absolutely APPALLING editing for the kindle version. At one stage "he'll" becomes hell, words are missed out etc. etc.

But a terrific read!
on 23 November 2013
The book is about Josie a mother of young twins and happily married and her friends Nell and Lisa who have been friends since their early 20's. I loved this believable book and found I was really routing for Josie. I just couldn't wait to finish the book to find out what happens.
on 6 December 2013
This undemanding book is perfect to read on a plane or by the pool, anywhere really where you don't need to concentrate too much. It's a bit predictable, the language is unnecessary and I found the random italics a bit disconcerting, but on the whole I enjoyed it.