Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.74

on 27 July 2015
I very nearly gave up on this book - didn't care for the drug references either, especially from a character who was a Mum to small children. I think the ending might have been more exciting if her lover had continued to harass her actually, instead of which it was a bit lame.
VINE VOICEon 5 March 2008
At the start of this book, I was expecting pretty standard 'chick lit', but by the end it had became much more, and I was finding it hard to put it down.

Most mums with young children will be able to identify with parts of Sadie's character, and will find themselves nodding, laughing, and possibly even crying. Although I didn't particularly agree with some of her actions, I could at least understand where she was coming from, and what pushed her.

I also enjoyed her relationships with her sisters and friends, which brought us more characters to identify with.

With some unexpected twists, and a believable ending, Lucy Diamond is a fun, sexy author, and I'm looking forward to her next offering.
on 26 January 2013
Other people have described the plot of this book so I won't go into that. However, I can't believe people have given this 5 stars and find the main character sympathetic! She is a woman who, with virtually no reason that is given within the book, drops her knickers and risks her entire relationship and family life for a really horrible, creepy man. I kept thinking a 'good' reason for this infidelity might come up but no, she is just a horrible character, incredibly selfish and hard to empathise with. At the end it all seemed very rushed and a very boring conclusion was reached. Didn't enjoy it at all and haven't actively disliked a character in a book quite so much before.
on 27 July 2010
Wasn't sure I was going to like it when I first started reading it but totally loved it! A real page turner that I found hard to put down. This is the first book that I've read by Lucy Diamond but will defiantly read her others.
on 13 April 2007
This is one of those books I desperately didn't want to end because I was enjoying it so much, but couldn't bear waiting to find out what would happen! I read it in two days flat, during which my poor boyfriend (who I think was regretting giving it to me as an Easter pressie) hardly got a sound out of me. Well, apart from gasps of shock, and out-loud-laughs to the point he got so annoyed he turned the telly up until I left the room.

I really don't want to spoil it, but its about Sadie, a mum with a young family who remembers she is still attractive and interesting, gets suspicious her man isn't to be trusted, gets back in touch with an old lover from the past, and gets a hell of a lot more than she bargained for too!

There's just the right mix of humour and feel-good, shock, sadness and plot-twists all written in a really engaging believable way right to the very the satisfying end.

I'd recommend it to anyone - I even persuaded my boyfriend to read it and he is enjoying it, though I did catch him flipping through it for the fabulously saucy sex scenes, but I probably can't talk about them on Amazon!
on 4 April 2014
A quick read but a bit like watching a car crash in slow motion as the main character leaps from one bad decision to another! I love Lucy Diamond books, this wasn't my favourite but I couldn't put it down.
on 13 July 2014
This is the second book by this author that I have read. The first (The Beach Cafe) was a lovely tale and I thought all get books would be similar. I was wrong. It is obvious from the beginning that not everything was rosy in the lives of the main couple but I really didn't see what was coming.
This story lacked the warmth of the other and while I don't agree with infidelity I do understand it can happen. This issue and the other "difficult" topics are explored sensitively.
Not a holiday read and probably best read in summer (winter is depressing anyway) but I'd you have read others by Lucy it is worth a look but it is not the easiest of reads.
on 30 August 2007
A good book certainly makes your holiday go better and this was one of three in my suitcase that added some extra sunshine whilst I was sprawled on the beach. Yes it's about a woman having an affair but it's not saying 'go out and have one, it's fun'it's a very cleverly done astute portrait of how one can hanker after your old exciting life when the mundane family thing hits you - and anyone with kids will associate with that, me included (all those resentments!) The leading lady just takes it one step further and I felt very 'fly on the wall' reading it because I expected a great car smash to her life. Have to say though it all felt very 'real' and, I'll bet, a parallel to many a true life. As for the ending - very satisfying, which is always the best sign of a good book. Yes, happy to recommend!
on 11 December 2012
I love all the other Lucy Diamond books I've read, but I couldn't get past the first few chapters of this one. The heroine doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. Being a mum myself I recognise that motherhood isn't a bed of roses, but her attitude doesn't make enjoyable reading. Perhaps the book picks up later on, but I don't want to spend my precious time trying to find out. Sorry.
on 10 June 2015
Very easy reading. I like Lucy Diamond, her books hold interest but without having to engage your brain. If you just want an easy, relaxing read, then her books are for you.
With this book, I found the only big downfall to be the ending, or lack of. It was a very sudden end, as if she lost interest in writing the book, or the deadline was due. Obviously the story line is sensitive, but Lucy manages to make you sympathise with a character that is betraying those she loves in one of the worst ways. I did enjoy the book, and I would recommend it for a holiday read.