on 4 March 2011
my son has the whole series of these books he is 12years old and this definitely appeals to his sense of humour
on 23 May 2013
This was a present for my grandaughter aged 10, she tells me it is fun to read and she learns a lot from it.
on 3 October 2011
I bought this for my Kindle as my son wanted some books that could be read to him from his Mum's new toy. The book itself appears to be an extremely well written, entertaining and educational science book for kids that would have completely captivated him if it were not for the fact that the kindle edition has all the questions missing from the text. As the answers are written in a conversational style this makes the whole thing somewhat pointless as you have to then try and work out from the first paragraph of the answer what the question might have been.
Looking at the preview views of the paper version these are in a different font but the other illustrations are copied accurately and its not really an excuse as this is not free.
By all means buy the actual book (and we almost certainly shall track it down and buy it now, though am sufficiently annoyed at Amazon to buy it from another retailer) but DO NOT buy the kindle version
on 21 August 2010
Bought approx. 10 of these to promote questioning skills in school. Each teacher has one and the questions will be shown at Fridays assembly, so children can go and research.

Brilliant fun and extremely useful for developing questioning and research skills for children.

Very informative too!
on 20 July 2013
It is really hard trying to keep the attention of an 8 year old but this book does just that. It is so funny and accessible, my son loves reading about the facts that are delivered with lots of humour. I think all children should be introduced to this book.
on 19 December 2015
Originally bought this for the kids in the home I worked at but I could not put it down. It also answered so many silly questions that we adults don't ask out of fear of looking daft nowadays.
on 19 August 2013
This is an excellant science book for children 6-12. But in some sections of this book, there are some pretty gross things so dont read just before, after, or whilst eating. Happy Reading!!!
on 4 December 2016
I thought I was buying a new copy not one that has been used. The cover was creased and looked shabby. I can't comment to its content and cannot give it as the gift it was intended for.
on 19 February 2013
I bought this book for my nephew for Christmas and he loved it, spending the rest of his visit surprising us all with wonderfully obscure and slightly gross facts. Educational, and fun.
on 12 August 2013
This is very well written with brief explanations, perfectly suited to keep my 9 and 10 year wanting to read the next and the next and just a few minutes more please mum!!!!!