on 24 May 2017
The catch is made of plastic and I can see this weakening after a while or breaking off. the hinge is plastic and not a smooth finish. Inside its all plastic. The outside is an aluminium shell covering over the plastic carcass. the fit of these coverings was not as good as shown in the publicity photographs. I've taken a picture of the gaps around the catch area. It was very cheap and delivery was an eternity, so I shouldn't have expected anything else. Disappointed. I won't use it, but just not worth sending it back
review image
on 30 June 2015
Its difficult to write a review of this product as I ordered two and when they arrived one was damaged and needed replacement. The replacement arrived and although the packaging was identical the actual Wallet was different. So what I will do is try my best to review both.

The original delivery provided me with two wallets that had one ridged side and one smooth. The wallet seems sturdy enough and the pockets inside adequate to hold all the cards I need to carry as well as cash folded appropriately to fit into the pockets. The pockets work in an origami type of fan that seem to be held in the fan only by folding. There papers to be no glue on the folds. This leads me to be cautious about how rough you can be while removing and replacing cards.

The clasp that holds the wallet shut was the part that was damaged on one of the original wallets when it arrived however the one that was ok seems up to the job and again seeing the others weakness has led me to treat the process of opening and closing as a careful operation. The Hinge pin on the original delivery wallets is visible at the top and bottom, so again this could be a weak point if the pin were to slide out.

Overall the quality is very good for the price paid for this wallet.

The replacement wallet that arrived was a whole notch above in the quality stakes. This wallet is smooth both sides and is noticeably heavier than the original ridged sided wallet. The clasp is more positive and the body seems more solid. The hinge Pine is not visible and the ends seem to be welded over so you have no worries of the pin sliding out. The pockets inside are of the same construction and of equal size.

Overall the quality of the replacement Wallet exceeds expectations at the price point.

At the time of purchase the price paid was £1.17. per wallet. I have seen similar on the high street for more £1.50-£9.99. I feel that at the higher end of the price band I may have been disappointed by the wallet but at the price paid I am more than happy.
on 30 March 2015
They're all the same! These things vary in price from - well, from about a tenner down to a quid. I have ordered several from a few suppliers and they are clearly ALL made in the same factory, or with identical design, quality and materials - well, apart from occasionally differing with a corrugated construction on one side, which I suppose helps to protect it from distortion. I buy them to hand round to friends and family and I must have ordered about twenty to date from various suppliers, and they are all the same irrespective of price. If you have your cards enclosed in any kind of metal, it gives the 'Faraday Cage' effect, thus preventing any radio scanning/response, so there's no difference between any of them. PS: There is also a supplier on here who sells them for 99p. Go figure.
on 5 June 2014
You may see reviews from round the internet urging you not to buy this as it is a piece of crap. Most of these people brought the wallet for around £10 as part of some kind of scam. There is no way this is worth £10: the build quality is awful, it is certainly not aluminium (very plastic), and maybe the sides are held on with double-sided tape as some claim (I haven felt the need to check personally); but for just over £1 what do you expect!?

It is light, small and looks nice. It's a great way to hold your cards: looks very cool and is easy to see the faces of cards. It also sits nicely on your desk when open like a little card display. The button clicks open well and it is actually waterproof when shut. I can also fit a few notes in there with all the card slots full.

It's probably not even vaguely indestructible but I expect it will last at least a year if I don't do anything crazy with it. Treat it like it was meant to be sold at this price and you wont be disappointed!
on 9 March 2016
I think its made of hard plastic
This is a cheap make on the originally which cost about £5-7 in shops
I use it to hold all my cards.
The side folder compartment started ripping a bit, I do have some issues opening the wallet once lock – but this was to be expected – I did order another one as it was that cheap.
This will only hold card – not much room for cash.
on 12 March 2014
I think I have reviewed this before. Possibly for the seller? If so I would have thought one review between two would be useful. Perhaps I shall ignore future requests?
Anyway, box was fine but I would not keep credit card in wallet. Good for. Various other cards.
Good clip for opening and I think available in other colours. Cheap if you compare with some " special offers" which are much more expensive. For less than £2 you cannot go wrong. Better I think for business cards. Inside looks a bit flimsy.
Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2015
I bought this as a replacement for an identical silver one which was looking a bit battered.

They seem pretty solid - I've had no problems except that the feathered card holder on the inside is easily damaged.

It slips in my pocket comfortably, holds all my cards, and makes them easily accessible by fanning them out for selection.

You can't really use them to carry cash around though - especially coins.
on 23 December 2013
I bought this so called wallet and patiently waited for it to arrive. when it eventually arrived it seemed to be more Plastic than aluminium and upon opening it the so called folders immediately sprang apart and would only hold a credit card if kept upright anything other and thy fell out, the description says it will hold cash. Yes it would but only if you fold them twice which makes the notes so thick there is no room for cards as well.

SAVE your money use a plastic bag even a paper bag would be better than this rubbish, I would send it back but that would cost more than a replacement is worth!
on 11 April 2014
I've been using this wallet for four months and I'm very pleased with it. It's very easy to open and get the card you want, and the RFID blocker works well giving added peace of mind. I've got 7 plastic cards and four paper loyalty card-type things in there, and it can also take banknotes folded into three, though you don't want to put too much in there because it won't shut. One added benefit I have noticed, compared with using a leather wallet before, is that my cards remain clean and don't become dirty through rubbing against each other. At such a low price, this wallet definitely deserves a 5 star review. If it breaks, you can just buy another one!
on 21 September 2017
This item is garbage, I know it is cheap but it is total rubbish it broke within a couple of hours. Don't buy this, it's not worth it, it only gets a star because it won't let me post it without one.