Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 20 June 2016
The 1990's series of Tintin (not the Belvision ones I remember from the 1960's; "Herge's Adventures of Tintin" etc) but I knew that because my children used to watch this new series and they enjoyed them. Have bought these now so that there is something additional for the grandchildren to choose if they ask for the tv to be on. They seem to quite like these older programmes. I suppose they are different from the current animated series they watch which are all CGI and so have a different feel to them. I got the 75th Anniversary set as I had noted other people's comments that the more recent boxset in the black cover has had the pictures all cropped to 16:9 format which would lose some of the picture, originally 4:3. This earlier boxset maintains the original 4:3 format picture.
on 21 October 2014
Just to clarify, this review is for the Review for the Adventures of Tintin (2011). It seems that Amazon has sadly mixed all the reviews for all Tintin DVDs together. The box shows Tintin and Snowy caught running in a spotlight.

I bought this Tintin box set for my five-year-old after studying lots of reviews on Tintin sites. I certainly made the right decision. We both love to watch them. The stories are engrossing, paced just right and are full of detail and humour. The characterisation and the animation are great. I chose to introduce my son to Tintin via these animations before showing him Spielberg and Jackson's works. By the judge of their first film in the series, it is obvious that these will be fantastic too. A shame that I couldn't introduce the little one to the characters through their original medium. Maybe I can surprise him with one of his favourites in book form and see what he makes of it...
on 6 September 2017
Great quality, much better picture than the DVD release which I already had.
Currently £14.99 for the complete collection in Blu Ray which is a great deal for 21 episodes.

The blu ray case also has a very unusual 3D style image that makes Tintin appear to float in mid air!

A great buy for anyone who loves the original series or as a gift as the stories are still enjoyable and timeless.
on 29 May 2016
Intelligent viewing for kids in this day and age compared to modern day cartoons.
on 27 April 2017
Hard to choose between these and the one first shown on the Beeb. I am enjoying them although an old man.
on 2 June 2017
Item arrived safe and sound in excellent condition
on 18 March 2017
Excellent box set
on 20 April 2017
great
on 20 March 2017
great
on 21 June 2017
Excellent price for a complete set!