on 26 February 2018
I bought this for my kids to introduce them to how animals live in the wild. It’s quite difficult to know which documentaries are appropriate for kids, since nature can often be very violent and cruel. This is a great film, nicely presented by Daniel Craig, in clear, understandable language. The selection of animals and habitats is very good, a bit of everything. The photography is beautiful and the ‘stories’ are really extraordinary. The only minor point is that there’s one story about hungry dragons in Indonesia which is seriously scary: it actually gave my 5-year-old son nightmares... so I wouldn’t recommend this for under 5s.
on 17 April 2017
This is a must have DVD. A fantastic effort by all involved. The stories were all wonderful. The Soundtrack was magnificent.
I am going to try to get it on Blu Ray NOW. The super effort made by the Camera Men was incredible to see. The patience, endurance the passion to capture a shot for us to see. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PASSION & LOVE TO SHARE WITH US ALL ABOUT WILD ANIMALS.
on 12 November 2012
Brilliant. The best animal/nature compilation I've come across. Good pace. Jumps animal/location every few minutes, enough to make the intended point and never too long to drag. I believe this feature is a condensed version of the larger 'Life' series, so maybe not worth buying if you've already got that.

Watching it and the closing conclusion in particular is thought-provoking. It's clear animals display intelligence, adaptability and ingenuity. So what is our edge? There's definitely something that differentiates humans from other animals. So what is it that makes us unique? Perhaps this ability to pose questions?...
on 28 April 2012
the dvd was excellent . the footage was very good. i did not like daniel craig as a narrator though. he sounded like he was rehearsing for a film script at home. bless him well he tried.there was no feeling in the voice at all. david come back all is forgiven. daniel please stick to films it what your best at.the dvd is good the quality is good and as i love animal programs this was ok.
on 4 January 2013
I bought this especially for my 21 month old son as like most young children he loves watching animals. The fact that this film contains clips of lots of different animals, spiders and insects makes it ideal for the young ones. We both love to point out and name each respective creature, my son and I can watch this film time and again
on 2 October 2013
My son loves animals' documentaries and was not disappointed with this dvd. He watched it again and again for the first few weeks of his getting it. Some really nice and interesting documentaries throughout. I highly recommend it! Educational and beautiful.
on 10 March 2018
We only have one life on this wonderful planet and these animals live it to the full
on 14 September 2017
Lovely to watch
on 8 June 2015
A joy to watch with great shots of wildlife, Daniel Craig is a good narrator and the animals are good at being natural or were they acting?
on 15 April 2016
one very happy and satisfied customer thank you and well done