on 24 January 2012
Just received 'The Ultimate Horseracing Collection' so thought I'd say a few things about it.

The package consists of 10 discs:

1) A History Of The Flat Since 1900 (85 mins) DVD Extra - The Complete 2004 Derby
2) A History Of The Jumps Since 1900 (85 mins) DVD Extra - The Complete 2004 Gold Cup
3) Horseracing's Greatest Ever Races Volume One (90 mins) DVD Extras - Full race replays of Arazi (Breeders Cup), Shergar (Derby), Sea Bird (Arc), Royal Academy (Breeders Cup), Dancing Brave (Arc) and Bustino v Grundy (King George).
4) Horseracing's Greatest Ever Races Volume Two (120 mins) DVD Extras - Full race replays of Red Rum (1973 & 1977 Nationals), Desert Orchid (Gold Cup), Dawn Run (Gold Cup) and Arkle (1964 Gold Cup).
5) The Year Of Dancing Brave (37 mins)
6) A Horse Called Nijinsky (55 mins)
7) The Story Of Mill Reef (50 mins)
8) The Year Of Sir Ivor (48 mins)
9) Arkle - Portrait Of A Legend (57 mins)
10) 12 Greatest Ever Grand Nationals (165 mins) DVD Extras - 1963 - Ayala pips Carrickbeg and Mr Frisk and Marcus Armytage win the 1990 Grand National.

Even though this is a newly released DVD Box Set (28 Nov 2011), it only covers racing up to and including 2003. Slightly annoyed about that but there's plenty of footage to keep the passionate horse racing fan busy.

I'm giving this 5* purely for the value for money you're getting. I've only watched the first DVD but would gladly of paid £4 for that alone.
on 17 April 2014
I recently purchased this DVD collection from Amazon and must say that I consider it remarkably good value for money. Containing 10 DVD's, 5 of which covered the careers of Dancing Brave, Nijinsky, Mill Reef, Sir Ivor & Arkle. 1 showing the 12 Greatest Nationals of the televised era (no I don't particularly agree with the choices, but every race is shown in it's entirety). 2 showing 'Greatest Ever Races' Flat & NH and 2 covering 'Histories of Racing', again both Flat & NH. It's very enjoyable to be able to relive and be reminded of some remarkable performances. The compilation videos are well presented and contain few errors, though I did find Alastair Downs assertion that Alleged was the only dual Arc winner annoying (a comment made twice) and describing Nijinsky as American bred (as opposed to Canadian) also grated. These are minor points and while I'm sure that nobody watching these compilations will ever agree with the choices made or the order of preference given, I am sure that most would agree they are all remarkably impressive performances.

I would recommend this collection for both it's content and remarkable value for money.
on 18 January 2013
Legends of Horse Racing & The Ultimate Horse Racing Collection have the same DVD's in them, so I have wasted my money by buying both. Legends has six dvd's & Utlimate has ten, so I know which one I would by. Quality is poor on some of them, but the price is right.
on 10 June 2012
Great product , ten fantastic dvd's in a box set ,wonderful value for money . If you love racing you will love this , brilliant !!!
on 30 January 2014
I bought these DVD's for my neighbour's 80th birthday and he is very pleased with them. He loves his horse racing and was pleased to be able to see horses that he has heard of but not seen racing before. I would recommend these to anyone who likes horse racing.
on 22 April 2013
This is a great collection for horseracing fans of all ages lets you see horses you `ve only read about,i`ve already reccomended it to all my racing pals as a "must have"
on 26 January 2012
I'm not a racing fan as my brother is, so this was bought as a Christmas present. Some of the discs were apparently very short. Can't really say anymore but I think I was disappointed at his reaction, although he said some were interesting I don't think it grabbed his attention to much.
on 10 May 2014
as i enjoy horse racing i thought i would treat my self for xmas really enjoyed the dvds and would highly reccomend
on 16 May 2014
brought these as my hubby loves horse racing. iv brought him other dvds so these are perfect for his colection
on 21 December 2013
got this for my dad because he loves is horse racing and he loved it great for any horse racing fan thanks