on 21 September 2012
I cant believe in these day and age that you have to purchase a plug to go on an electrical item. When you use your Kindle you are not using your computer and although you can charge your battery through your computer, it is not always possible to take your computer to charge it. Personally I think this is a rip off and it should be included as a necessity to the item. You dont buy a washing machine without the plug and I dont think you should have to with this. Very disappointed indeed.
on 26 January 2012
I rather stupidly bought one of these 3 or 4 months ago with my Kindle. I thought back then what a rip-off price was being asked for such a basic adaptor - £9 (Yes, NINE POUNDS!!)

As a functional product, it works perfectly: plug one end into a mains socket and the other on the supplied USB cable, which in turn is plugged into your Kindle and off you go.

But quite frankly I have made do with just connecting the Kindle to my laptop; or even using an existing mobile phone charger to the Kindle, with no ill-effects, and it charges perfectly well. And when you consider that one full charge will usually keep the Kindle going on its own for around a month, buying this glorified plug is false economy.

But what is even more appalling is the price of the adaptor now - January 2012 - a staggering THIRTEEN POUNDS!!!

This is the most blatant form of profiting I have witnessed by Amazon, and just goes to show what they think of their customers. I accept every company needs to mark-up its products in order to make some form of reasonable profit, but this is quite shocking!

So this review gets 2 stars, purely for the fact the adaptor does its job. But there are alternatives: you're not tied to buying this. Look around and safe yourself £13 and do it soon because I dare say in a couple of months Amazon might ramp up the price even more.
11 Comment| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 January 2017
Purchased this to go with a kindle I purchased still think the charger should automatically be included the charger works fine though
on 14 March 2017
Does what it says on the packet
on 22 October 2017
arrived on time good fit
on 6 April 2017
works brilliantly
on 26 June 2017
Excellent quick service and product
on 14 March 2017
Excellent
VINE VOICEon 5 January 2014
I bought this after losing my Kindle charge on holiday.
It's ok and does the job, but for the money I'd expect the USB cable to be included. (I knew from description it wasn't included)
But it works and comes in sensible packaging.
on 19 July 2017