Having spent the money I have on a Kindle Keyboard it would be silly to put it at risk by using a charger that wasn't up to the job. This charger is certainly an original, just the same as the one that came inside the Kindle box. It looks well made and sports the Amazon logo.

What I was not prepared for was the fact that this power adaptor doesn't come with a lead to connect the charger to the Kindle. I can think of few reasons why someone would want a replacement/additional Kindle charger without the lead. To me this is uncharacteristically mean and thoughtless on the part of Amazon - they are normally better than that. Four stars as the core product as advertised is perfect, but, the missing lead is annoying, especially, as most people won't realise the lead isn't supplied until they open the adaptor - this means a further delay and more expense although I am less worried about having a genuine Amazon lead than the charger itself.

Come on Amazon you normally lead the way rather than leave it out!
77 Comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2012
I cant believe in these day and age that you have to purchase a plug to go on an electrical item. When you use your Kindle you are not using your computer and although you can charge your battery through your computer, it is not always possible to take your computer to charge it. Personally I think this is a rip off and it should be included as a necessity to the item. You dont buy a washing machine without the plug and I dont think you should have to with this. Very disappointed indeed.
on 26 January 2012
I rather stupidly bought one of these 3 or 4 months ago with my Kindle. I thought back then what a rip-off price was being asked for such a basic adaptor - £9 (Yes, NINE POUNDS!!)

As a functional product, it works perfectly: plug one end into a mains socket and the other on the supplied USB cable, which in turn is plugged into your Kindle and off you go.

But quite frankly I have made do with just connecting the Kindle to my laptop; or even using an existing mobile phone charger to the Kindle, with no ill-effects, and it charges perfectly well. And when you consider that one full charge will usually keep the Kindle going on its own for around a month, buying this glorified plug is false economy.

But what is even more appalling is the price of the adaptor now - January 2012 - a staggering THIRTEEN POUNDS!!!

This is the most blatant form of profiting I have witnessed by Amazon, and just goes to show what they think of their customers. I accept every company needs to mark-up its products in order to make some form of reasonable profit, but this is quite shocking!

So this review gets 2 stars, purely for the fact the adaptor does its job. But there are alternatives: you're not tied to buying this. Look around and safe yourself £13 and do it soon because I dare say in a couple of months Amazon might ramp up the price even more.
11 Comment| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2017
Purchased this to go with a kindle I purchased still think the charger should automatically be included the charger works fine though
on 20 May 2012
Amazon, you asked me for a customer review on this product? You can't be serious. What is there to say about an adaptor plug? You buy a Kindle, you need to recharge it, and it's not always possible to plug into a computer with the USB cable that comes with the Kindle. So what do customers do? They shell out £12.99 for an Amazon adaptor plug. This is bad, bad marketing on your part because no one likes to be ripped off and this is just what you are doing to your customers. Do I regret buying my Kindle? No, but I certainly do resent having to buy this adaptor at an exorbitant price from you. It should be supplied with every Kindle purchase as part of the package.
5150+ comments| 1,256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2017
Does what it says on the packet
on 6 April 2017
works brilliantly
on 26 June 2017
Excellent quick service and product
on 14 March 2017
Excellent
VINE VOICEon 5 January 2014
I bought this after losing my Kindle charge on holiday.
It's ok and does the job, but for the money I'd expect the USB cable to be included. (I knew from description it wasn't included)
But it works and comes in sensible packaging.