on 10 March 2013
New to photography I was advised to get a lens hood for my 18-135mm lens that is fitted to my canon EOS 650. The reviews put me off for a while and I planned to visit a photography store to purchase after trying it on the lens first. But in the end I took a chance and got one from Amazon due to the Fast delivery and half the store price. It arrived next day and fitted perfect. Screw on and I can't see how it can fall off. I take it off the lens to put in the bag because my bag is not big enough. So it's been on and off a few times and it still feels solid. It "clicks" into place and stay there until I take if off. Can't fault it. If its due to luck then it's a first for me. I usually get the one that will fall off :(
on 11 February 2017
I bought this as an alternative to the canon model and because it was on prime however when it arrived it would not even fit onto the lens......only one of the lugs would connect at a time! Very disappointed and returned so will be buying the more expensive but fitted Canon model.
on 10 September 2014
The type of plastic used and the general moulding is good quality. I have had opportunity to use it on very sunny days and it has done a good job.

There are 2 tiny plastic spring clips that provide friction when it is in place. Most of the time they work fine but I have observed that they can fall out when you take the hood off. It's not going to happen every time. This is probably the reason one reviewer said the hood was too loose. If I remember, I check that they are not coming loose.

If the hood didn't have this clip issue, I would give it 5 stars.
on 17 September 2014
A good value alternative to the Canon original. I have had it attached to the lens for the past few months. No issues with it, stays on, doesn't rotate by itself or do anything that is shouldn't do. Can access the lens cap (new canon pinch style). For those that use lens hoods it is a cost effective alternative to the Canon original.
on 25 May 2015
Was cheaper than the genuine canon one and works absolutely fine.
Decent build quality and snaps onto the lens as I would expect.

And if you click it on the right way you can't see the branding easily as it's on the underside :)

Really can't complain!
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2014
Does the job just as well as the Canon equivalent at a much lower cost. Not had any problems getting it on or off the lens. The material may not be as strong as the Canon but it seems strong enough. No problems with vignetting or anything - i recommend this if you have the 18-135mm lens.
on 4 May 2017
Amazing products. It fits my 18-135 canon lens perfectly. High quality and cheep comparing to canon's expensive hood. Defiantly worth money. Highly recommend it. you can not go wrong with this products guys. There is no vignetting, when hood is on, i have tested it .
on 20 March 2016
Fits perfectly, works perfectly. I can't understand why anyone would pay the money that Canon ask when this is an all but identical product.
on 19 October 2014
Fits nicely on my Canon 70D 67mm lens, bayonet fitting secure, can also be reversed no problem. Additional filters and cap not hindered either. Guiding mark helps ensure correct position before securing.
on 10 June 2017