on 7 December 2012
Seeing that I live in the United States, the only way up until now to watch ALF on DVD was via the Region 1 sets released in the USA from Lionsgate. Although these releases contain a flawless restoration from an an audio / video perspective, the prints are not the original broadcast episodes. Instead they are syndicated versions lopping anywhere from 3 - 6 minutes off of each episode and are not arranged by broadcast date. Finally, a release worth of ALF. These are complete UNCUT episodes as orginally broadcast. Although I did have to get a region free DVD to player to view them here in the States, the cost of the player and the extra cost of getting the from overseas was well worth it. The only thing that prevents them from getting 4 stars instead of 5 is that the transfer is not as crisp as they could have been, but I will take the trade-off any day!
on 1 August 2013
if you had seen this 80s tv show you will love it and dont worry about having to learn french as its in english apart from the box packaging also they have not been edited like what i heared on other sets.why cant they make more tv shows like these as i could not stop laughing at what alf gets upto
on 4 January 2014
I remember watching 'ALF' as a kid in the late '80s/early '90s, so finding this collection was definitely a trip down memory lane.

The collection includes all 4 seasons of 'ALF' and a small toy of the infamous alien.

As other reviewers have pointed out - this collection is tailored for the European market. However, despite the packaging, the actual DVD soundtracks are in English.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the excellent picture quality.
on 29 November 2015
This is a great collection of this series. It's a bit round the houses kind of way...it's a French product, but does have English as a choice of language. The doll is okay, but not a big one. Fond memories of when I first watched this in my early teenage years.
on 25 September 2015
love it :-) arrived promptly tho as everyone says the alf toy isn't like the original but I have the original and only wanted the DVDs so i'm very pleased
on 30 March 2014
The episodes are very good quality. Recommended to all Alf fans. The Alf plushie does look like a bit different, though
on 8 February 2014
A big fan of ALF and really really pleased with this DVD collection.
The plush ALF toy was a added bonus.
on 17 February 2016
I happened to find this TV series by chance on Amazon France because I didn't remember Alf. Now I can only say that this character is familiar to me but I don't really remember the episodes maybe because I was very young at the time. Looking forward to watching it soon! See some pictures attached! Good price (less than €30). Thank you very much!
on 22 August 2015
This is an absolute gem of a find. Don't be put off with the cover being in French. These are the original recordings and the quality is excellent. They have done a brilliant job in giving us back our favourite TV character Alf.

I love the plush toy that comes with this collection. He is not quite the exact likeness but at a glance, you can clearly see its Alf.

I am so glad I have found this set as there is nothing else that is anything as great as this. I now have many happy hours of nostalgia.
on 5 March 2014
When Alf hit the tv I was a kid and watched every week with my brothers and cousins old good times anyway loves the dvd's. Two things that slightly wrong with it.
1 the way the episodes are organize on the dvd are a bit messy when you play them on PC but it is a small thing.
2 the toy hardly resemble the Alf but my cat loves it.