on 19 December 2013
I bought this twentyfourseven 30 litre rucksack for my teenage son to use as a schoolbag thinking that the Berghaus name would mean it was a quality item. Unfortunately, after barely 6 weeks of carrying his school work in it each day, the grab handle at the top broke. On closer inspection, it looks more like an inferior quality shoe lace so it's hardly surprising it didn't stand the test of daily school use. My son didn't want me to return it at that point so he continued using it and in the past few weeks the right shoulder strap has started to come away at the seam (from the outside edge). So, with less than 4 months of school use this product has disappointingly failed to meet expectations and I'm now faced with the prospect of finding a more suitable replacement. I'm so frustrated.
on 12 April 2013
Although this bag is listed as 30 liter it is only so once you unzip a pocket at the bottom which then hangs out like a dangling ball bag. I like this bag but it does have a few faults. The inside pockets are a bit small and fiddly as are the outer mesh bottle holders which aren't really deep enough to stop a bottle eventually wiggling out. The construction feels a bit cheap and flimsy and I don't feel like it will last more than about 6 or 7 months with everyday use(will update). Looks nice and is comfortable to wear.
on 1 June 2015
Great product, delivery was bang on, good space for a day trip/weekend trip even. Love the pocket underneath for the wet stuff. Also can use for work as plenty of pockets inside for all you little bits and bobs. Well don't Berghaus, have never let me down. Solid product from a solid company.
on 23 February 2014
I have previously had the smaller version of this bag, and it was a god send, various pockets, thick straps, distributed weight. I bought this version for my boyfriend for Christmas and he loves it, plus it looks smart and is very robust.
on 26 November 2012
This is my second Berghaus backpack, which was a replacement for my backpack that I had previously had for at least 5 years and had used every day and every weekend during that time.

The size is EXCELLENT for both gymming and carrying things to work - I have not had a handbag as well for the past 8 years, as this bag does it ALL!

One of the most important features for me using it as both a daily gym bag and weekend bag, were that the pockets on this one are not as good as the previous model, however spacious and with good lining for protection of things inside.

I like the colour and especially the internal pocket on the front facing flap as I always like a place to put keys or small objects that I want easy but secure access to.

The front pocket on the outside has replaced 2 side pockets which I don't like as much but due to the depth you can place your purse/mobile etc with great protection of things not falling out or being pick pocketed out -so I am happy with this feature.

Comfort wise I like this bag but have (as always with my backpacks) filled it to the brim on a lot of occasions which has already shown 'tear' easier than previous model.

Berghaus to me means QUALITY and VERSATILITY at a reasonable price. This 30L model is the perfect size to hold everything you need for a long weekend away on a cheap airline - so take this bag and worry no more about checkin luggage!
on 16 January 2011
good bag. wish it was available in a 35lt. i use this for university and to put my files and books in. it can fit the file easily or the books. once you put both in, (im taking a leaver arch file) it starts to struggle (i.e. the file naturally moves to an angle to fit in..). good quality though.
on 26 May 2013
Looks Good and its fine for the office. Lightweight.
30L isnt in reality how much it can hold.
Suggest you go to a shop and look at other
backpacks to understand what they mean!
Don't think it would stand up to proper back packing/camping
for very long as the zips are a bit flimsy.
That said Ive had it for 18 months and nothing has broken yet
on 22 January 2014
This bag has not been used yet, I bought it as gift based on the fact that I have used a Berghaus Twentyfourseven on several extended travelling trips in S E Asia and it has served me well. Roomy with useful, well thought out pockets and strong zips it also sits comfortably on the back, even when fully loaded. I find the seemingly ever expanding bottom section very useful for carrying shoes or waterproof clothing separately and easily accessible.
on 11 March 2014
I bought this for my partner for his cycles to and from work and he loves all the different components to this bag. Also big enough to carry what he needs during the day. Will definitely buy another one when he wears this one out!
on 1 August 2014
Great rucksack, lots of room, but not too large. Great day hiking sack, also equally at home in the high street. Great quality, lots of pockets inside and out and a handy waterproof section too. This one replaced my previous Berghaus rucksack which lasted about 15 years of heavy use.