Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£19.86+ Free shipping

on 10 October 2015
I tried these these a while back as I tend to keep a healthy diet and fitness routine. How wrong I was!

At first I was having 30g of these mixed into my morning muesli and after 3 or 4 days I became really ill (horrific stomach cramps followed by nausea, vomiting and dihorea) This lasted for 2 days.

At the time I put it down to food poisoning but after I recovered, I started eating them again and the same symptoms came back.

The problem was that because of the way they are preserved (Sulphur Dioxide) they dont get fully digested and after a few days they start to build up and create a blockage which is where the problems start.

I know im not the first to suffer from this problem and I made the mistake of not listening to other reviews. I strongly suggest you should.
on 12 March 2014
I usually like very much Suma's products. This one is a big exception. It contains sulphur dioxide and the taste is just horrible. I bought 1kg but I am not going to eat them... Extremely concerned that they would even sell it.
on 4 June 2013
Like most products from Suma always carry good value for money. The only negative is: it is not an organic product . I would very much like to see Suma to bring out Organic Goji Berries of similar price range
on 25 July 2013
I ordered these as it worked out far cheaper than the packet I brought from my local health food store. Unfortunately they gave me dreadful stomach cramps every time I ate even a very small amount. I tried putting them in porridge and soups and casserole's but the effect was always the same.
After a visit to the doctors and a bit of research I realised that this problem was fairly common. I think it has more to do with how they are preserved, as it is the sulphites used in this process that cause the tummy problems in some people. I suggest you order the smallest bag first to see if you can tolerate them.
The service and delivery were fine though.
on 5 October 2013
Poisonous! I'm not allergic to anything as far as I know, but this product caused me several hours of vomiting. Choose certified organic berries instead. These are preserved in sulphur dioxide. Yuk!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 23 June 2015
Goji berries from China, preserved with sulphur dioxide. These are another nice fruit with a good flavour and really versatile. They dry quite firm, so benefit from a bit of a soak before using to plump them up a bit, but if you want to use them straight from the packet in a recipe, they're quite forgiving. I like to use these in conjunction with dried cranberries and other dried fruits to lift everyday recipes using 'mixed fruit' into something on another level altogether from the ubiquitous sultanas/raisins/currants mix (yawn) and give a real flavour hit.
A handful stirred into porridge or muesli, or added to cereals with or without other fruits always improves them.
If you like fruit sauces to accompany roast meats, a sauce from goji berries is excellent with poultry and game.
A kg bag of these little berries will last quite a while, but there's a good long shelf life to them, so they're good value for money.
on 14 September 2014
I bought the berries in Feb 14, put them into an additional plastic bag and munched my way through, but did think they were quite hard, they became more dried and then I realised 6 weeks later that the best before date was 23rd Dec 13 !! about 8 weeks before I had purchased them. I did not complain because I felt an idiot, but I still have the bag with the remaining berries in, if anyone wants proof. So beware...and check before eating. Liz Field
on 18 December 2012
I didn't realize it has sulphur dioxide. I guess I didn't read the product review clearly. It contains that smell of chemical. I didn't like it, may use it for soup, but not as a topper for fresh salads.
on 30 April 2016
I just can't believe I bought these without reading the reviews!! My lesson is learnt! I saw these thought they were a great price with £6 off voucher. I soaked these in hot water because they were rock hard.....they swelled nicely and I put one in my mouth and started eating them. They tasted disgusting my tongue started to tingle and went numb. I immediately went to check the ingredients these are preserved in sulphur dioxide.
I researched this and found it can cause respiratory problems in people who have asthma.. Most people don't experience any side effects when they eat dried fruits preserved with sulfur dioxide, It isn't clear why some people are sensitive to sulfites or what causes these reactions to sulfites. In some instances, people lack an enzyme that digests and removes sulfites from the body.
Food can work either to treat a disease or feed one. If like me you have an autoimmune disease and very sensitive, you need to avoid foods that contain sulphites.
on 21 February 2015
Not very good just gave me a gut ache all the time and needed the toilet all the time it was not solid