on 17 December 2014
I had tried an unpowered hub with a couple of USB3 external HDDs I have, and that didn't work well.

This powered one lets them run perfectly without making scary weird noises, and I haven't noticed any reduction in speed (but haven't thrown serious IO benchmark tools at it). I trust this hub with my data.
on 24 June 2014
What a waste of time, despite the fact that there are reviews from over a year ago complaining that the wrong plug was supplied, they are still making this error. How hard can it be to supply a UK plug for a product sold in the UK? Couldn't get a replacement through Amazon as they would only refund me. Can't wait for them to refund me to order a new one so using a plug adapter currently. I don't seem to be getting usb 3 speeds, but that may be due to the adapter. Still, only 1 star unless they send me a UK adapter without me having to send the hub back.
on 25 May 2014
This little gem does exactly what I was looking for i.e. allowing me to plug in multiple external drives (3) which require power. It works perfectly with all my drives recognising them immediately. I haven't tested for transfer speed, but that's not an issue for me: I usually transfer large volumes of data and just leave the computer to get on with it.
Can't really comment on the fast charger port as this is of no interest to me.
As with some other reviewers I received the unit with EU power supply. I went online to arrange for a replacement and received new UK version the next morning, Kudos to Amazon for this speedy service which I have had occasion to use in the past.
For me it's five stars because it does exactly what I wanted.
on 1 July 2013
Well made works fine very pleased USB 3.0 hubs are still thin on the ground this is good value. However the cable supplied to connect the PC to the hub is very short (approx 300mm) you can of course add an extension cable which I have done that aside great hub very pleased.
on 15 November 2013
I've tried various combinations of cables, external hard drives of different manufacturers and different sizes: It just won't read or write. The supply seems ok, I tried it with a different one. Where am I going wrong? It is meant to power an external hard drive (320 GB to 1 TB) as a backup device for a laptop (Samsung nc10 or Samsung r510). Help will be appreciated.
on 6 February 2014
This product does what it says on the tin and does it nicely, i needed to have access to ports on my desk rather than reaching behind my PC each time to plug in devices such as my phone etc. i don't have any faults with the product however if there was one thing i would change or would have liked to been different is the fact that the USB that is used between the hub and the PC has a proprietary connector which means if it breaks or is faulty then you would have to try and source one form Transcend themselves rather than buying a generic USB 3.0 extension cable.
on 3 March 2014
Buyer beware if you use a Mac, or are trying to use an Apple Keyboard on a PC:
If you try and plug the keyboard into this hub, the hub and all devices attached to it will stop working until you remove the keyboard.

Thankfully I have a work-around; simply plug the hub into the keyboard's spare USB ports and not the other way around.

But it's annoying that I have to do that, and having to plug the hub into the keyboard adds to the number of cables running across everywhere and makes my desk messier than it would otherwise have been :(
on 13 May 2014
...unfortunately, it came with a European 2-pin power adaptor! ...this in spite of all the packaging etc. being in English - go figure!

Luckily the power pack's European pins were a clip-on to the unit so it is not necessary to buy a whole new powerpack; the unit is still rated at UK mains voltages so all I had to do was to buy a UK 3-pin clip-on attachment (not sold on Amazon). Unfortunately this meant spending an extra £5.99 on ebay.
on 15 June 2016
Excellent product, very well constructed and super tiny. This will fit anywhere. I would recommend if your going to have it permanently on a desk to use blue tack to hold it in place as it has no rubber feet and slides around. Also please be aware it does not come with any UK plug or adaptor so you will need to purchase either a travel adaptor or a new UK dc power supply.
on 27 April 2013
We used to have lots of USB wires all over the place and plugging / unplugging them was a nightmare. Now you need to plug just one USB to computer and everything is connected.