Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 13 May 2017
Read the book in a day. Quite easy flowing and simple to read.

However I was drawn to it as my uncle is the infamous J that features and I was interested to learn about the escapades of his youth.

Once I got used to the conversational writing I enjoyed it. Although admittedly cringing with some of the things that got up to, being related to one of the characters, it really captured the essence of a couple of young kids from Birmingham having the spontaneous trip of a lifetime.
Yes, it's not a high brow travel book about the sights or doesn't really tell you anything about the places that would be of any help.
However it reads like a diary of a young man going on an spur of the moment crazy adventure with his friend and the trials and tribulations that go along with it. no money, lots of alcohol and courage and some madness.
I felt like I was travelling along side them both from the comfort of my sofa.
Enjoyable read.
on 8 August 2017
I'm not a cyclist myself but enjoy reading about cycling adventures. This book did not disappoint. The author goes into detail about his trip through France with his friend. He talks about the town's, campsites and different people they met on the way. I really enjoyed it and would recommend.
on 19 July 2017
Nice gentle bedtime book
on 22 July 2013
Its funny in places but by the end you get tired of the relentless oh we had a beer and a pizza.

Not informative, not insightful definitely a take your brain out read !!
on 9 December 2012
Easy book to pick and put down and I really enjoyed it. There didnt seem to much if any planning about this trip and I think it adds to the tale. I liked it when arguements sprang up over nothing .. threatening to burn the others tent etc was funny . Not alot of depth to this tale but mostly a good read.
on 22 June 2014
Childish and badly written. Like the comedy show "Bottom" but with bikes. These two behave as if they are about 10. They certainly aren't gents and frequently leave campsites without paying, nick all the campsite shower soap just for fun and even consider shoplifting. No wonder they get such a bad response from the French people they encounter. They eat nothing but pizza and burger and chips on the whole trip and don't even sample the local food, and kill a rabbit just for a laugh, then try and eat it. At one point, in front of other campers, they pee and set fire to each others tents, throw their gear over a hedge, and one picks his nose.

The last 20 percent of the book is a con - a sample of another fictional book by the same author. I am getting a refund.
on 9 November 2013
This is a great read for anyone who enjoys travel memoirs. It is written honestly and with a good amount of humour. The book is as much about the friendship of the 'two young gents' as it is about the travel. It follows their struggles, physical, emotional, financial and mental, to get from one end of France to the other. There are several stories recounted which are so silly, but funny, that you just can't help but laugh out loud! For me, this was a nice, easy, holiday read.
on 1 January 2015
Poorly written and basically rubbish . Don't bother . Written by what seems a twelve year old who failed English . Sorry Steve try again 1/10 see me
on 11 September 2013
I first thought this book would be a struggle? but once I had started reading I became hooked! I felt I had to know what happened on their journey and was also amused by the rather laddish and immature way they had gone about the trip! But this was its charm?(really not the correct word to use?) but you know what I mean? So pleased that however the rest of the trip had gone that genuine pleasure had been found visiting the Aude region( greatly underated). Might just pic k up a couple of the authors other books?
on 13 October 2013
This is one of the funniest travel books I have ever read-honestly. It was so honest I felt endeared to the two lads on their cycle trip and written in such a humorous way I'm pleased I wasn't sitting on a train or the other passengers would have wondered what was going on. Don't hesitate-buy it!