on 10 November 2015
Works perfectly - does what it says on the tin.
Build quality is excellent, so pleased I have just ordered 2 more. Used with iphone 4S ipod nano 2010 and ipod classic 2008. I have now used these leads for several months without any issues. I can also confirm this lead works perfectly in a Toyota Yaris 2009, Ford Tranist 2013, Corsa 2008 and VW Tiguan 2016. In the Tiguan it will pick up all the data IE artist, playlists ect. and allow control via the head unit. Only down side is someone at work also thought it was a nice lead and stole one, so I now need to purchase another! One other point is the two halves that form the cover for the 30 pin adaptor just push together. This ment that went one of the leads became trapped the two halves came off. This saved the lead from breaking as the covers just pushed back together.
on 9 February 2012
I didn't order the Ipod/Phone docking connectors on my Jaguar XF in 2010 and since then I have been using a USB cable to charge my iPhone 4 and a AUX cable to connect it to the stereo - with both cables running down into the central armrest compartment. Messy and led to me think that I should have ticked that £250 ipod/iphone docking connector in the central armrest compartment.

But this cable now means one cable from the iPhone running down into the compartment. Obviously I can't use the Jag's touch screen to operate the iPhone music player but as it turns out the Jag Music touch screen is poor compared to the native iPhone music player so I would use the iPhone music player anyway.

For a few quid I get the functionality I need versus paying £250 on the car. :-)
on 24 August 2013
If you still have an Apple device with the old non lightning connector or have an adaptor, this is the ideal lead to provide charging and aux in for in car audio or into a hifi system. Its well made with good strain relief and the cable jacket is thick enough to avoid damage. The USB and 3.5mm jack are on long enough tails to route them to different sockets - my USB connects to a charger behind the central armrest and the audio to a connector by the glovebox.

Perhaps most importantly for car use is that the iPhone connector is a locking type so wont fall out with vibration while driving.
on 13 August 2013
Bought this for my daughter to play her ipod through my car stereo and it works and she's happy. I now get to hear what has been going on in her headphones for the last couple of months - Sam Smith and Icona Pop, amongst others. Excellent!

The 3.5mm lead plugs into the Aux socket in my car and the USB lead plugs into a dual usb charger which I bought separately from Amazon for a few quid. I bought the dual one so she can play and charge her ipod and I can use the other USB socket to charge my iphone.

Great bit of kit. Love it.
on 16 July 2013
The cable arrived very promptly, but doesn't work my car in the sense that it doesn't get the head unit to switch into iPod mode. The cable charges the iPod and the head unit switches into USB mode and plays the mp3 files it has found on the device. (Which appears to contradict an earlier review that said the USB only had power connections.) Having borrowed one of the "module" style leads with an integrated USB and 3.5mm jack plug and found that it allows my car's head unit to "see" the iPod as an iPod and switch into its iPod control mode, it seems that the fault can only be with this cable. An obvious difference between them is that the one that works has a 4 pole 3.5mm jack plug (i.e. stereo + control) whereas as this cable only has a three pole jack plug (despite the fact that the product's picture clearly shows a 4 pole jack plug). Oh well, now I'm off to spend a few my quid on a different one...
on 8 April 2012
The product was delivered incredibly fast, however this was to be too good to be true. The product arrived in awful condition looked like a second hand return, there are scratches all over the plastic casings and the metal connectors are dirty and genuinely not fit for sale.

When I got to testing the product the ipod/iphone connection works okay by charging the phone although the AUX cable is useless, picks up no connection what so ever.

Incredibly disappointed with this product. But then I get what I paid for and it's not worth trying for a refund as the P&P would cost me more than the original product so it's going straight in the bin.

Wouldn't recommend it, better off using individual cables or trying another seller.

Hope this has been helpful
on 8 May 2012
So I got a new car recently FORD Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Diesel. Sadly I had to trade in my GTi for this car only because I needed a fuel efficient car.

I fell in love with the gadgetery inside but less with the over-priced joke that is the FORD cabling for my iPhone.

See here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Audio-Cable-Interface-Connect/dp/B002U08CTO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336477048&sr=8-2

Cheers to the staff for this tip- works a treat, although I now only use the cable to charge the phone and instead use the Bluetooth to play music and make phonecalls.

Now I can listen to the Kermode and Mayo podcasts without major problems- BTW, Hello to Jason Isaacs!
on 10 April 2012
Occasionally, you can buy something thats quite cheap, and be amazed at how good it is for the money you pay. Well, sadly this is not one of those occasions. The cable itself is of quite a rigid plastic so doesn't sit or flex where you want it to. If its a hot day, it will become limp like a noodle, and if its cold, it'll go stiff.

As for the functionality of it - well it worked for almost 2 weeks. Then it decided it didn't want to play the right channel audio anymore and only gave me the left channel. It was kind enough to replace the right channel audio with some nice crackling nosies occasionally though, that's kind of nice if you like that sort of thing...

The USB connector did allow for charging, though every now and then my ipod stopped seeing the cable being attached i.e. it no longer gave any audio out of the line out (3.5mm jack part of the cable) and stopped playing as if it had been disconnected - though it still continued to charge it?? That's clever I suppose, even if i'm not listening to music, it was cosiderate enough to keep it charged for me...

Anyway, not to labour a point too much, i go back to my title - if you pay peanuts, you will get a poor quality cable. My advice? Pay a bit more for something a little better. How much more? Well, how much do you listen to music/videos?
on 27 February 2014
having had what seems to be the common issue with iPhones playing through BMW stereos via the earphone jack and having a high pitched noise in the background...a little research pointed to this cable being a possible cure for the annoying background noise.

The Cable arrived today and it has truly transformed the car stereo into something that sounds amazing, no more background noises or interference and it charges the phone at the same time, marvellous.

The fault seems to be related to interference from the phones aerial as it is in close proximity to the earphone socket and this cable puts some distance between the aerial and the music output which gets rid of the noise.

We're buying another one for the second car, thats how good it is!
on 15 September 2012
This was grand for a week, then fell apart, it still charges but nothing else, it feels sturdy and the cables seem good quality but I guess they're not, or maybe I git a duff one anyway the supplier provided a refund very quickly. I've had one before which lasted 18 months which considering the cost s good value, this one wasn't although on first appearances it seemed better quality.