on 7 March 2012
The game is one of the better Kinect fitness games out on the market thesedays.

Whilst not perfect, it certainly covers all basis and does give you an encouraging workout. The joy of actually smashing the calories away is a delight.

On the negative side I bought the game on the basis of the running through the cities promise. I was keen to take in the sights as I ran the famous streets of new york, but rather than be an immersive google street view type run, it was more of a city blueprint with some popup facts about buildings. Disappointing.

Also, when setting yourself a target, it wasn't clear what you had to do in order to make the game think you'd achieved it. Such as I was working out for a good hour but the game only registered two minutes of my workout. Turns out you have to partake in the activities with blue flags for them to be registered. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. In addition to that, when first starting out, you have to unlock the longer, tougher workouts, which can be a bit of a bore.

But overall, lots of fun and has the ability for two player which makes working out much more fun.
on 5 February 2012
Over the past 10 years I've been a number of a lot of different gyms, and always ended up never going back within the first month so wasted a couple of hundred euro on an annual basis, just to say I tried!

After coming to the realisation that I was wasting some serious money, I started to look around for alternatives. I'm not overweight, but just need something to keep me active and I'd like to shed a few excess pounds and also tone up. I came across the earlier version of this game and decided I'd take the plunge and by the whole Xbox 360 system and Kinect alongside the 2012 version of the game.

One month in, and I'm actually blown away. For starters, I've stuck with it. For the firs time in my life I have a workout routine that I am sticking to, and am (sort of...) enjoying. I'm even noticing a difference in my fitness level and I'm able to push myself more and more as the weeks have gone on.

The programmes are great, and really easy to get into. Sometimes the instruction isn't clear, but what's surprising is that if you're getting it wrong, the game will correct you which is helpful. Being able to vary between weights and cardio is brilliant and the bootcamp element is just exceptional (if exhausting!). If you want to push yourself to the limit, start out with bootcamp and watch your endurance grow. After my first session, I was retching over the sink but gradually got better and better at it.

For me, the only downside is that it can be a bit complicated to find a really good workout plan. It allows you to set goals, but doesn't actually tell you specifically what activities you should be doing to achieve these. After a couple of days playing around I finally found ones to suit me. The other drawback, is there really should be a better warm up pack. Something to stretch to and really get yourself warmed up so that you properly avoid injury.

That said, those negatives completely outweigh the positives. If you're looking for something you can push yourself to do in your own time that offers variety and different stages, then this is the game for you. You won't end up coming out looking like a body builder, but I do think it'll help you maintain fitness and tone up.
on 9 March 2012
This product totally changed my attitude towards the gym. Warm ups can be hard and fun as well. There are so many variations to Your Shape, and for the cost - it is a steal.
I love it. And you do not need a lot of room (space) to perform the routines. The yoga is beautiful. I also have the EA Sport (Kinect) but it is lightyears behind Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012
I am rating it a five. The only down side is that I did not know I had to get weights for some of the exercises.
on 30 January 2012
I've really enjoyed using Your Shape 2012! I hate exercise and get bored so easily and so anything that holds my attention is not only great but a miracle. Your Shape has different levels and different 'games' including some Yoga and Tai Chi which I use as a warm up. A run the world game where you jog around the USA or UK and learn about famous land marks as you run by, it's fun and informative and there are little tasks along the way just to get the heart beat racing.

Your Shape 2012 has games for abs, legs, arms and stamina plus hoola hoop, kick boxing, bashing down an imaginery wall - in fact anything you can think of that will get you moving, your heart racing and your muscles moving!

I'm hoping soon that the wonderful models on Your Shape that help you through the games will soon mirror MY SHAPE!! I have a way to go until I am that lithe and slim though!

Helen from [...]
on 29 February 2012
I bought this game primarily for the New Year and that whole trying to lose weight for the summer thing , but it is so much fun the kids seem to have taken it over . There are lots of areas to cover on it , including workouts for abs and cardio . It is easy to use with no complicated instructions , the only slight niggle i have with it is that sometimes it can be a bit fiddly trying to click the button to get started on the workouts . But once got the hang of it you should be fine ! ....
Theres some great touches with dance routines to music as well as Tai -Chi which is a personal favourite with my daughter.
All in all a good fun workout for those looking for enjoyable ways to exercise.
on 10 February 2012
I bought my Kinect soon after lauch and the orginal Your Shape not long after however i found the level of training quickly surpassed my abilitys and i soon became bored...

However I took a gamble on the second title and it payed off ,much eaiser to get into if you just want a short quick blast or a longer workout.Menus are easy to navigate and you can work at your own pace.It is not without its flaws, there are alot of floor workouts and in my limited space it struggles to see all my body.

One good point if you have the first Your Shape and have a Ubisoft account it imports your calories from this and will have a better life because the first game stopped achievements at 10.000 calories and i have friends who got this far and stopped.In 2012 its achievement range is 200.000 calories giving a much better scope.

Overall a good workout title if like me you are a gym-a-phobe

8/10
on 8 January 2012
Brilliant. I have already lost weight and if you are up for a challenge this is it. With it working with the Kinect system on Xbox it tracks your movement and although sometimes you character is a little behind the computer its still brilliant. I have to say the scarey thing is it actually sees you so you can see what you look like in your gym stuff. hmm if that isn't a motivator I don't know what is!
on 17 September 2012
I wanted a game that would offer varied, fun fitness activities and this is it. It has skipping, boxing, running, dancing, boot camp, press ups among loads of others. You can set up your own fitness goal and it flags the activities best for you. I love it, and how you can go from one activity to a totally different one. Highly recommend.
on 7 March 2012
OK...What i love about this game is the focused training..you can choose what part of your body you want to work on.You dont have to lift or physically punch a thing...All Natural.... It actually recognizes ur whole body and suggests when you should have a break... I look forward to going home from work everyday just to play this game....Who needs to pay £50 a month for the gym??...invest in this game and you wont regret it
on 23 January 2012
Only just received this, but so far I like what I have seen, it is great for a quick work out or a longer more challenging one. Easy to follow instructions, and so much choice it is not repetitive. Brilliant.