• Shine

Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 29 March 2015
oh mary mary mary mary well she aint got a lamb but she sure has one of the best operatic cross over voices I have ever heard, when she sings its like butterlies fly out with pixies dancing on there backs,if you like some chilled music then you will love it buy it she is worth every pennie, :)
on 18 August 2015
A pure, soaring voice with some freshly original and full orchestrations. Altogether it's an album to unwind to or one that you can play more as background music with company. You might, like me, find yourself singing some of the melodies days afterwards too...!
on 11 August 2011
I first heard Mary-Jess sing when BBC Breakfast showed part of her video for 'Glorious' and I instantly fell in love with her voice, Googling her name to find out more.

I pre-ordered this album and have listened to it over and over, her voice and the music are both wonderful. This album is calming, emotional, addictive, and doesn't really fit into any of the well-defined music genres but is really in a style of its own.

I have recently (as of October 3rd 2011, when I am making an edit to my review and STILL listening to the CD) travelled across the country to see Mary-Jess perform live, and I have honestly never heard anything like it, I do not exaggerate (I think it would be impossible), my mouth was hanging open and Mary-Jess singing Glorious in Gloucester Cathedral may be one of the defining moments of my life.

Mary-Jess is amazingly talented, she has the single best voice I've ever heard, and her album is brilliant. Admittedly, I don't think it's really possible to capture the full beauty of her voice on CD which is why she's even better live, but anyone who wants more than your standard pop songs that got put together in five minutes should definitely buy this. Really, just buy it.
on 24 December 2013
Lovely voice, gets the feeling out of the songs very well.

If in doubt buy it and you'll enjoy it.
on 8 February 2013
very quick service my son has wanted this album for a while but couldnt get it anywhere else many thanks
on 10 November 2012
I Already had this cd. I Bought this one for my granddaughter who loved listening to mine in my car.
on 8 March 2015
A lovely cd by a lovely lady so up lifting so enchanting beautifull
on 14 March 2012
I bought the CD after seeing some YouTube samples with high expectations and the album definitely came up to my expectations. The music is amazing. I should say it is one of the very best albums I have heard in the last couple of years. So much talent demonstrated, so lovely voice... And what I appreciate at most - the album is full of songs that cannot be found everywhere.
on 29 August 2011
Adictive *****
Orchestration *****
Emotions *****
Creativity *****
Favorite Songs: ALL OF THEM!!!

Can I say more??? I Love this artist and this is one of the BEST ALBUMS I'VE HEARD!!!
on 22 December 2011
This is without doubt the best CD I have bought in many years. I cannot believe that Mary-Jess hadn't been discovered until winning the Chinese X Factor. Not only does Mary-Jess sing beautifully but she co-wrote most tracks as well. I hope it's not too long to wait for the second album. I cannot rate this album highly enough.