on 13 September 2014
Got this for grinding spices (rather then coffee). Brilliant little machine.

Getting a lot more use than expected. Makes making curries a LOT faster.

The attachment for grinding smaller amounts works really well.

The bowl comes out for easy cleaning, but I only use dry species so I leave it as is to keep some flavour.
on 4 October 2015
This product may deserve a one star maybe only for its design. Meaning how it looks and not how it performs as the quality of it is very low. Cracks on the grinding bowl appeared very quickly. Plastic cover became matt so it lost even its preatty looks...
It stopped working completely after something over one year approximately. Not worth buying.
on 18 October 2016
Grinds OK, doesn't last. Normal use over 6 months and the grinding chamber is badly cracked. the plastic has also become opaque with scratches, simply put, it it needs stainless steel bowls then it will be a 1st choice product. Until that happens I won't be buying this again.
Please excuse the turmeric stains on my chopping board! lol
review image review image
on 6 March 2016
The lid is very flimsy. After about three uses for grinding cinnamon the lid has developed cracks in about 4 places. I can still use it but I have to be very careful so the lid doesn't fall apart all together! I've bought cheaper ones in the past that's lasted longer then this and now in the process of looking for another sturdier one.
on 21 May 2013
First couple of times I used it it worked ok. Plastic top now cracked. The plastic dome nut on the top of the blade has also broken off and the insert for grinding smaller quantities spins as it grinds. It also occasionally stalls. I do not use it very often but if you use grinder a lot I would skip past this one. It still grinds spice really fine but for how much longer I am not sure.
on 24 January 2015
Why did I wait so long to get a Spice Grinder. Received it today and have already ground some dried chills & coriander. Product just as described, does coarse and fine grinding. Love the removable chamber for easy cleaning and the storage area for cord at bottom of grinder when not in use. Wish all appliances had this feature.
on 22 March 2014
Initially very pleased with this, worked fine, easy to use & easy to clean

BUT just went to use it yesterday & nothing, dead as the Dodo.

I suspect the way the cord is wound around the base has caused a loose or broken wire

It was cheap but save you money & get something that is better made.
on 11 August 2014
I bought this for grinding spice for curry and it worked alright for a while but packed up after two months. Binned it because I couldn't be bothered with all the hastle of Amazon's return for repair/replacement procedure. If I was James Martin I would seriously consider patronising this product any longer.
on 1 February 2014
1) it will grind your spices to a very fine powder, which is great for mixes as you need them.
2)The downside is the locking clip on the top is very weak, it will disengage. I have had to modify the clasp to prevent this from happening.

Apart from that, it gets used on a regular basis
on 7 October 2014
Easy to clean, container is small, but big enough for us. Grinds very well. The cable storage is just great, more products should have this. It rolls up into the machine on the bottom, so you dont have a small machine with a super long cable lying around. It packs away all nice and neat!